Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ride For Life

Well its been a while again since I last posted. Either too busy or just nothing to blog about.

First off for everyone that read my last post I have good news. Bart is not DEAD !!! He was trapped in a basement a couple doors down. They knew they had a cat there but it was scared and would hide. I knew it was there but since I had seen the dead black cat (Barts twin) on the side of the road I thought that was that. The guy went out one day to a neighbors and left the basement door and the outside door open and Bart made a run for it straight home. Ben called me at work and I said are you sure its him and Ben said yup hes in the kitchen bugging for food!

Been working pretty steady lately. Lots to do around here extra work so we can have money for our trip to Ontario. Sorry Mandy I haven't popped into insurance place yet about the rental car insurance. I have to get my taxes signed off by tomorrow.

I've signed up for a motorcycle ride to support Prostate cancer research. Going to try and get people to sponsor me. I'm going to try and borrow or even rent a bike for it if I can. If not I'll go and support them anyways as a volunteer. If you can help by sponsoring me I would appreciate it. You can do it online with a credit card or email me and you can send a check to me by mail. http://www.gifttool.com/athon/MyFundraisingPage?ID=1430&AID=973&PID=131754 just copy and past or click on Ride for life above and it should take you there. Times are tough and if you can I appreciate it if you can't I understand. My father died of this disease and I go and get checked every year and not just because I like the test but early detection is the key! When I used to go to the cancer clinic with my dad I would make jokes about the rubber gloves and tell him if a Dr comes in with hip waders and gloves to the elbow ...RUN!!!!

Prostate Cancer Facts...

Cancer Facts

... Prostate Cancer represents 34% of all newly diagnosed cancers in BC men.

...1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with the disease. If there is a family history, the risk increases by 50%

...Prostate Cancer is the most common cancer to afflict Canadian men.

...What can you do? Visit your doctor and get an annual PSA blood test and Digital Rectal Exam.

...If caught early, Prostate Cancer has a 90% success rate for a cure!


Well this is a rent weekend so we are not supposed to go too far but the Canucks are starting round 2 Saturday night and I will be home for that. Chicago is going to be way tougher than L.A. was that's for sure. Montreal made it in to the second round beating Washington. Doesn't look good on Washington being #1 and losing to the #8 seed team.

That's all for now I have some Land Lord stuff to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home