Monday, March 23, 2009

Two weeks till surgery!

Gotta say I'm really not liking Face Book and may just have to stick to blogging. Thinking about starting another blog but might get too confusing to me. I can just open this one up to the public but there are a lot of private family things on here although I do allow some close friends to visit this blog. I will make a decision over the next week. Might change the name of the blog although I still consider this paradise over Ontario. There is a spot a half hour from here that reminds me of Muskoka. Up in a place called YouBou. There is a big lake with all these houses and cottages around it. Patty and I saw places just like it in Haliburton when we were there. But no mountains or Ocean back east. Might call the blog Papa G's Place! and could even add "in paradise"

I went to the Dr's on Friday after I missed my pre op appointment earlier in the week. Showed up an hour late so had to reschedule. I have to go get my heart monitored probably tomorrow as part of the pre op. My Dr asked how it went at the surgeons and I said about the same as with any Dr. Says everything looks good but can't say 100% that its nothing. She asked if I had any concerns and I said not really about the operation but I do wonder what they are going to find when they open me up. How often have you heard that they opened someone up and they had cancer so bad that they close them right back up again. Now maybe those ppl are told they have cancer before they are opened up and then its not as big as a surprise as they make it sound when your told the story. I'm really not worried about that but I can't say it doesn't cross my mind now and then. I'm not dwelling on it I Just want to be prepared for anything I guess. Not that you can be. Maybe I'm just trying to make it seem worse than it is to get extra TLC when I get home. I can hear Patty ... hey you just had a minor liposuction operation to remove some fat when you should be eating right and exorcising so don't expect any special treatment from me!! Lately shes been telling me I'm full of shit! I try and tell her something and that's her response! Your full of shit! All I got to say to that is I LOVE YOU PATTY!!!! .... and I mean it this time!

Aunt Gladys turns 90 years old this week and Paul and Dimples are having a little party at a hall. Patty and I are looking forward to seeing everyone there. I ran into Dimples at Wal-Mart yesterday and we had a nice chat. That's where I usually run into them but I did see Paul and Lelaine at a couple hockey games.

I've been working at Vic Truss the odd day here and there but it looks like things will be slow again after next week for a bit. I hope it picks up cause thats the only way we can afford to go to Ontario this summer. One good thing about not working there I can watch more hockey and my Survivor show. Well I'm looking out my window at the rain getting ready for work. I just went over some photos I've printed off to donate to Jodi at the SPCA for an auction. We may be able to deliver them if we go to Vancouver the weekend before my surgery. I want to go to the Aquarium which I've talked about for the past few months. Maybe just a day trip parking the car walking onto the ferry and catching a city bus. I think it would be a fun trip.

Well that's all for now but I'll try to post more here as I pull away from Facebook more and more.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kev I have to agree with you about facebook!Im getting a little bored with it now!Half the friends you add you dont talk to anyway!And if you do you can pick up the phone or there is always email,What did we do before facebook??Anyway keep the medical updates comming!!!for those of us that do read your blog. luv Alice

 
At Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyy where did my comment go ??

 
At Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kev just letting you know we are all thinking of you and wishing you the best through all of this. Hope to hear from you soon!

Annette, Bob, Ryan, Tyler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home