Sunday, March 15, 2009

St Patty's Day!!!

Well first off Saturday our friend Carol's son and his family came to visit from Ottawa. They are here to finish the sale of Carol's house and car. Carol is the one that past away just before Christmas. They were here to visit princess the cat we took after Carol's passing. Her son Arron was surprised at how good the cat looked. She was very overweight when we got her. The stairs have help her a lot as well as the chasing by the other cats in the house. We drove to the Rock Cod Cafe in Cowichan Bay for some fish and chips. They have the best batter around. Ben had the Sockeye burger which he enjoyed very much, Patty had Halibut in a coconut batter and I had Halibut in an almond batter. We sat and told stories about Carol to her grandchildren and then gave them suggestions as for things to do while here. They are headed to Toffino and whale watching this week. I feel bad for them because it is supposed to rain all week but I'm sure they will make the best of it.

Patty decided a couple weeks ago that she wanted to have a small party to celebrate St Patty's Day so we picked Sunday the 15th so ppl would be available. We had all kinds of Irish goodies and green foods and the place was decorated as well. There was about 10 ppl not including us and we listened to the Irish rovers and pigged out. Patty made a stew in the crock pot which I bought more than a few months ago but we had never used it. When I got home from the hockey game Saturday night it smelt so good I just wanted to dive in. But I let it cook and then put it away in the fridge for Sunday. I hadn't told Patty but I decided to get a little dressed up for the occasion. Ben painted Shamrocks on everyone's face and we all wore green and had a toast with Baileys Irish Creme. If I have time Tuesday I might just get dressed up and pop into the Wal Mart photo Lab

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!!!


1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 18, 2009 8:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the best day of your past
Be the worst day of your future.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home