Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hamilton Spectator

Chronic pain sucks the joy out of life and leaves one feeling demoralized

February 14, 2009
Alice Gower
The Hamilton Spectator
Hamilton
(Feb 14, 2009)

Re: 'Chronic pain needn't ruin your life; But patient-physician 'shocked by relative indifference' of society' (Opinion, Feb. 5)

I could relate to this article on chronic pain, as I suffer with chronic migraines and feel living with daily pain can ruin your life.

You go from leading a normal, healthy life, working full time, enjoying hobbies, spending time with family and friends, then it all comes to an abrupt halt. I now live with daily pain and no longer can enjoy the things I used to.

There just aren't the resources out there for those of us who suffer with chronic pain. Nobody understands it unless they know first-hand what it's like. You also have to deal with insurance companies for months to be accepted for disability. I can't even afford the premium you have to pay for a drug plan. Chronic pain affects you emotionally and financially. It demoralizes you. I'm taking it one day at a time.

1 Comments:

At Monday, February 16, 2009 6:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kev I was surprised to see the article on your blog !! even more surprised when the spec called me and said they were putting it Sat spec

 

Post a Comment

<< Home