Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Medical Update

Just some health news in case any one is interested....

I went for my yearly physical and had blood tests done a week before. EKG and blood sugar was very good. Some blood test they do for the prostate was good. My blood pressure is still a little high which I've known for a long time but she finally stepped up and doubled my medicine dosage so it should be better now. I'm glad its a female Dr because she has skinny fingers although her hands were real cold when she was holding the marbles. When she was checking my prostate it felt like she was scratching a lottery ticket. Get it over with already!!! Checked out fine, can't wait a whole other year to feel that uncomfortable again LOL. Funny thing is when I had to remove my underwear she held up a blanket so she couldn't see anything and less then 30 seconds later she has me by the marbles and is putting her finger in my nether region!! Oh and lastly she discovered a hernia in my stomach (thats what she thinks it is) and is sending me for an ultra sound in January sometime. Must have just happened cause I feel it now and I'm all gassy ! My stomach had been a little upset for a few days before the appointment but I thought I was getting a flu. Oh almost forgot. My cholesterol is on a steady incline but is still below the high level so I have to try and change my diet or next year I will be on meds for high cholesterol.

Onto better stuff....

Tonight was our Christmas dinner for the realty company at the Keg. Most ppl had lobster and steak I had a juicy Sirloin with baked potato and baked tomato ($29.00) then a $10 dollar piece of cheesecake. Was a very good dinner. We were given a bottle of Baileys and 2 checks totaling $200 bucks after they had payed for all our dinners. Not bad at all. The last land lord said last year they just got a bottle of wine and dinner but they hadn't been in the Job very long. So We were very happy (especially Patty) for the Baileys! The money was a surprise bonus! Will help towards my new canon 70 - 200 IS 2.8 professional lens for my camera!!!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Ive got nothing said...

Hey Kev, Include me along with Dennis and the ladies as a reader. However I should check more often because I was behind three blogs. It's nice that someone keeps a blog going.

Mike

 
At Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kev I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and glad your health is good, can you book me an appointment with your doctor she sounds much better than my crotchety old fart of a doctor that I have. by for now Bill Grixti








hi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home