Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Photos of Gwen

Last weekend we went down to Langford to spend some time with Gwen and her parents. Plus we went out to a restaurant called Floyds which was in an issue of readers digest.

First off we went into Mary and Adam's and sat in the living room chatting. After about 10 minutes I disappeard into the bedroom where I found Gwen sound a sleep. Didn't take long before I noticed that she was waking up (had nothing to do with me pinching her I'm sure) so I had to pick her up and carry her into the living room. Adam scolded me like it was my fault but I tried to assure him I had nothing to do with it. I sat holding her and talking to her for a while then Mary decided she should feed Gwen before we headed out.

Floyds was Very nice hippie kind of place and very busy on weekends. We got a table for 4 and a baby. It was very quick paced and the food comes very fast. They have a special called the Mahoney where the chef prepares what ever he wants and then you have a chance to flip a coin and if you win its free if you lose you pay double. (Do you feel lucky punk .... well do you?) They have a t-shirt with Dirty Harry pointing a gun asking that.

After brunch I made Mary drive us to the mall so Gwen and I could have our picture taken with Santa. I've wanted my picture taken with him for a while so having Gwen there was a good excuse! We did very little shopping as I'm pretty much done and then Gwen decided she was hungry .... right now. So Mary went to feed her and I took my wife's hand and we strolled around the mall till it was time to go home. Mary Adam and Gwen were going out so we hung out for a bit before heading back to our little house in Duncan. I did manage a couple photos before we left.













On a sad note a very good friend of Patty's and mine passed away Friday night. Carol was a client of Patty's but also a very good friend and had spent some time with our family on special events, movie night, dinners, and social outings. She had been suffering from some illnesses for a long time and was awaiting knee replacement surgery in a few weeks. Carol was 71 and we all miss her very much. Her son Aaron is here from Ottawa and will be spreading her ashes in a very special place Thursday before he has to head back. As Carol wished there was no service for her. RIP Carol we love you.


1 Comments:

At Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:50:00 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Just a "Hello" to you and yours Kev.Hope you and your family have a great Holiday Season.Take care Amigo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home