Saturday, February 03, 2007

Love and other borring stuff

I just finished my first full week back at work. Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon cleaning up around the machine and built some dividers to separate different sizes and lengths of wood. The boss was impressed. Today I got to take a delivery to Duncan I think it was a gift for doing such a swell job. The boss showed me the map and said do you know where this is in Duncan. I didn't get a good look but said yes right away because I wanted to do this delivery and not have him give it to someone who does know the area better than I do. After the foreman and I loaded the pickup truck and tied down the truss' I went inside to get the paperwork. I was looking it over and asked if the highlighted area was where I had to deliver the goods and they said yes. I started to laugh because they were going to Truesdale Rd where it just so happens I recently moved to. I can look out the back door and see the place across the street. Of course I had to stop in and see the wife seeing as I was so close. Working the afternoon shift we don't see much of each other. This is where the love part comes into the post so some of you may want to stop reading if you haven't already.

I know that we are still in the newly wed time of the marriage but this is all so new to me. I like when I stopped in at home for 10 minutes she was so happy to see me. She gave me a big hug or two said how much she misses me and then gets me a plate of spaghetti and a diet coke. She sits and talks to me while I wolf down my meal then gives me a hug and a kiss or two as I get ready to leave. She tells me she loves me and that she cant wait for me to get home tonight. Besides this, all week I've been getting home at midnight but I get a pop and a bag of popcorn and sit in front of the tv for at least an hour to wind down before heading to bed. When I go upstairs I try to be quiet but she always wakes up and asks me how my day was. We usually chat for a while then when I roll over to go to sleep she gives me a back rub. I tell her how lucky I am to have met her and she says she feels the same way. She is never mad when I wake her or grumpy when she gets up a couple hours later for work. She usually wakes me before leaving and and we chat before saying goodbye for the day. I don't think we have ever disagreed on anything yet. Last Saturday I woke up real sore from my first day back to work because after a couple weeks off I had one of the most tiring days I've ever had at Atlas. Within 10 minutes of waking up in walks Patty with breakfast. Other than being sick or finishing off a can of diet coke that's next to the bed I don't think I've ever had breakfast in bed. Especially when its not even on a special occasion. From the day we met I knew she was the one for me and that's why I had no problem asking her to marry me and rushing right into it. I treat her pretty good as well like last Sunday when she wasn't feeling 100% I went shopping, bought groceries and made a Roast turkey breast with carrots and probably the best mashed potatoes I've ever made. Actually the past two Sundays I've done some sort of roast and potatoes meal. I told her that I think every Sunday we should have a nice sit down meal instead of the quick meals we have all week. I truly enjoy putting my ipod on and kicking her out of the kitchen to prepare a meal and I know she likes it too once in a while. I put 110% into this relationship and I get back that and more. I guess I just want everyone to know that I am happy and you don't need to worry about me any more. We are talking about going to Ontario as soon as we can but it may not be this summer as I was hoping. The guy that interviewed me for the job at Pacific Truss a couple weeks ago asked if I had any plans that would take me away from the job this summer as he said it is very busy in the summer and they couldn't allow it. I told him no. So if I do get the job I'll have to wait till next summer or maybe even next Christmas ??

On a last note I got my pay for the one day I worked and even after I told them I was going to be leaving they still gave me a dollar raise. I had told them if they gave me 2 I would stay a minimum of 6 months. I kept track of the kms for the delivery today and it is 65kms each way.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Sounds like you are happy Kev and thats what really counts.

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much better than coming home to Keya, but does Patty let you eat soup out of the pot?

Mike

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! you guys are so cute! thats so great, how happy you both are! keep us posted on everything! (the wify, the job, the trip to ON, etc.) Love Ya!
-Tara. xo

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 6:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw!!! u actually brought a tear to my eye!!! that was adorable!!!
and i guess we'll hafta forgive u for not making it out here this summer...... which now gives us all double incentive to try to get out there!
Love you!!

 
At Sunday, February 04, 2007 1:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, If you weren't my cousin, I would have married you. You cook on the weekend and make an excellent cheese cake.o) Glad to hear that you and Patty are happy. Just like everyone else, I can't wait to meet her....whenever that may be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home