Sunday, January 21, 2007

Victoria

Yesterday Patty Albert and I jumped in the car and drove to Victoria. It was supposed to be +8 and sunny but it felt colder near the open water. We didn't have a plan we just found a place to park then went for a walk. Patty is a real trooper because even tho she has been working extra hard lately and shes not feeling well she never complains of being too tired, cold, or ill. We walked around the downtown and went with Albert to a flag shop as he had been looking for a couple flags to hang in his room. Shortly after that Albert ditched the old folks and got on a bus to go visit a friend. Patty and I decided to walk to China Town where Jodi and I had gone when she was out here. Patty showed me the alley where scenes from Goldie Hawn and Mel Gibson's movie Bird on a Wire were shot. Then we headed back to the car and drove down to the harbour where I usually go whale watching. As luck would have it one of the harbour seals I usually see was hanging out so I bought some fish to feed it. Patty had never seen it before and although she thought it was real cute she wanted no part in feeding it. Albert called by then so we drove over to meet him and pick him up. We then took a drive along the ocean to look at the houses and stopped at a marina where I've gone to see seals before. There were 4 of them hanging out and lots of people feeding them. All in all it was great day and I can't wait till June so I can take Patty back to Victoria to go whale watching with me.

Everyone likes horses



China Town


These are all around the Lower Island


Empress Hotel where the Queen has stayed


Papa Duck


Mama duck


Feeding my friend


cute or not ??



I've met this pup everytime I went whale watching


Bird on a Wire ... or wooden thingy


Loch Ness monster ???


My next puppy



Crazy guy !!!


My beautifull wife !!!


Shit hawk




Camera shy

7 Comments:

At Sunday, January 21, 2007 1:30:00 PM, Blogger botsoe said...

Nice pictures

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 4:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your Loch Ness monster, but the last time I saw Nessie she was a little bit bigger than that.HA!
jOAN,

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kev and Patty looks like you two are having fun, we had a chilly minus 26 day and you are in the plus 8 wow, how the tide has changed. Realy great pictures.
from your friends Bill and Nancy

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics. Victoria is beautiful. I went there with Grandma ( aka Aunt Jan lol) when i was 15 or something to visit Uncle Don and Aunt Glad. I have some great memories :)

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i saw those seals!
and i stood by that statue!
and i think i even met that dog maybe...? he looks familiar too... is he owned by that lil shop owner guy...?
can't wait to get back out there!!! hopefully sooner rather than later...
great pics!!!
love you!

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Ive got nothing said...

Nice pics. Even nicer move getting Jodi to comment.

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kev, nice to see the camera is still working well.
any news on the job front?
or when you are coming east this summer.
let us know
hi patty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home