Wednesday, January 17, 2007

job searching update

2 days ago I dropped a resume off at Pacific Truss in Cobble Hill about 15kms from home. The HR person wasn't in at the time so I left the resume at the front desk but got the name and number for the HR person. Yesterday I tried calling but he wasn't in. So this morning I decided to go back after I dropped Ben off at school. I waited about 10 minutes before he was available and after chatting for about 5 minutes he invited me to his office for an interview. The interview went pretty well and we talked alot about Atlas Truss and my duties and then after filling out a couple forms he took me for a tour. We even talked about starting wages which he is going to work on because he said he should be able to get me more than the normal starting wage of 12.50/h. After 3 years you can topoff at 19.50/h He told me hed get back to me soon, as they are just figuring out how many people they are going to need after the winter slow down.

This Truss plant ships worldwide. They do whole houses up and put them in a container. They just picked up a contract for Korea. Atlas Truss is Mickey Mouse compared to this place. The whole layout is much better. Also the saws are indoors. The place is not heated but at Atlas the saws are outside and you get very wet. I'm sure some of the same old bullshit will go on here but the place seems way more organized. I don't want to jinx it but it seemed like I made a good impression so keep your fingers crossed.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:07:00 PM, Blogger Muskokaman said...

fingers crossed

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fingers and toes crossed

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 3:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, I would pray for you but I'm not sure it would help.

“People say things like it was never meant to be, things happen for a reason and you'll find it when your not looking.”

…good luck with that!!!

Mike

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Muskokaman said...

my fingers are crossed for ya uncle kev! love ya,
-Tara.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home