Friday, February 09, 2007

Hello out there

Well nothing much to blog about lately. I've been working steady the last 2 weeks. Will be nice to get a paycheck next week. The weather has changed a bit. Last week we had nice sunny days about 6C but by night fall the temp dropped and I'd have to scrap off the windshield leaving work. This week the temp has been at least 6C but not as cool in the evening but rain off and on all day. I still prefur that to snow and -10 or worse even when working outside. My brakes started grinding last week but this week it got worse so yesterday in the morning when we had a break in the rain Ben and I pulled off the front tires and changed the pads. The insides were metal on metal. I tried to let Ben do most of the work and he enjoyed getting his hands dirty. Brakes work like a charm now. It was Patty's birthday on the 6th and the Sunday before I invited her aunts over for supper where I did chicken and mashed potatoes. The first time I had talked to Patty's mom on the phone she asked if I could make mashed potatoes. I know why now because I make a huge pot of them and everyone goes back for seconds and thirds. Hardley enough left over to fry the next day for one or two ppl. I'm trying to decide on what to make this Sunday. I might make a Lasagna or Ben says he likes meatloaf. Patty really enjoys when I cook on Sundays. I tell her to stay out of my kitchen and put on my Ipod and go to town. She tells me to leave everything and she'll clean up and I tell her not to worry about it. The house is slowly starting to come together. We have my wolf prints on the wall in the living room and the guest bedroom is done except for some pictures on the wall. Patty is going to go through my photos and pick out a couple for me to enlarge. I'm hoping this weekend might be nice so I can get out my camera and take some more photos. I hope 3 weeks from now that Patty and I will be in Ucluelet on the west coast of the island. They have some nice walking trails and Long Beach which is very long and sandy. We might even see a Gray Whale or two as they are known to start migrating past there this time of year. Well thats all I have for now but I'll try to post something this weekend.

4 Comments:

At Friday, February 09, 2007 1:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez! Kev, with all that cooking and cleaning I would have married you.

Was that creeper than Laurie's proposal?

Mike

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 4:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy that Mike guy is creapy!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That had to be Kev posting as anonymous.

Creepy.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

LMAO
I was wondering why someone would think that I posted anonymous on my own blog but then I noticed the spelling errors LOL
Wasn't me honest !!!

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home