Thursday, May 14, 2009

Long Weekend!

Well May 24 is here but not much going on. Patty and Albert are heading to Kamloops to visit family and friends. Ben doesn't want to ride in a car with Al for 6 hours and I have to work at Wal-Mart so the both of us will be in Duncan. I don't think I could do 2 hours in a car with Ben and Al let alone 6. This summer Patty and I will do the trip together. I enjoy the trip across BC lots of nice scenery with mountains, trees, lakes, small towns and the ocean at the start of the trip. Patty's family and friends are all nice and Kamloops is a nice looking city and they have the wildlife center I like to visit. Merritt is ok but I think it was once a better place than it is today. Last time we were there it was pretty run down looking with lots of closed up shops. There isn't much to the down town even Gravenhurst is better.

My scar is healing up pretty good. It feels good although I'm not 100% in some ways. Almost every day since the surgery I wake up with a headache and I never really had heartburn but every night I have it and it wakes me up and I have to take something for it. Just might be a part of getting old. I went to Vic Truss and told them I want to start back next week. They were glad I was ready. I don't really want to go back but I owe taxes of almost 2500 for the this year and a past year. Been keeping my head above water and don't owe anywhere else new.

Hockey is over for me don't really care about the other teams. Would like to see Chicago and Pittsburg in the final but it wouldn't be on top of my list to watch. Football is starting up. The Raiders got a couple vets back that took a year off to try college ball. Andrew Harris is trying out with the Lions and if he makes it they might have to be my official second team. Sask has always been that team but I've gone to some games out here and have met some players from the Lions and one person I know is already on the team.

Well I know its not much of an update but I needed to get something on here. Heading to Wal-Mart with the wife so gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home