Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Vancouver Trip

Well it was going to be another good day Sunday so I forced the family to get up at the crack of dawn then we jumped in the car and headed to Nanaimo. We parked the car at the ferry terminal and then the 3 of us walked onto the ferry for a trip to Vancouver. We have always taken the car in the past. When we got off the ferry we walked outside the main doors where we jumped onto a bus that took us into the city. Now I had looked it up online and the bus was supposed to drop us off close to the Vancouver Aquarium but the bus driver told us we needed to catch another bus to go into Stanley Park. We realized later it was only about a 10 minute walk and the bus we transferred too only took us half way. The Aquarium was crowded and a lot smaller than I remembered but we had lots of fun checking out all the attractions of different fish and sea life in their tanks. We also got to see a bit of the baby beluga whale they have and supposedly in June or July they will have another one born at the Aquarium. We walked around for a couple hours then we left there and went for a walk along the sea wall in Stanley Park. The weather was so nice it had brought everyone out and the walk way was quite busy. Ben had been pretty sick this week and Patty had started to feel the effects of what Ben had starting on her on the way over. So after a short walk we decided to head back. That's when we discovered just how short of a walk it would have been to the bus. Now I'm a fly by the seat of my pants type of guy and Patty and Ben are not. I would have liked to taken the bus right downtown but Patty was not feeling well and Ben was.... well Ben LOL. He likes to ask questions that I don't know the answer too then when we find the answer he likes to explain it like he knew all along. Its not like I've walked on the ferry a 100 times and know everything but I do know how to ask directions and to follow instructions. When we first got to the aquarium Ben asked what the itinerary was? I said to go to the aquarium and have fun. Oh also to pick up a stuffed beluga whale for Gwen. He made a big deal about the bus not dropping us off at the aquarium like I had thought it would but it ended up being close enough. I have to try and find a way to loosen this family up. Ben wants to do more stuff with me but its hard cause I'm pretty easy going and he stresses me out. He has to know whats next he can't just relax. Albert is a lot like them but I'm not sure about Adam. Mary is quite easy going or so it seems but she is a very busy person. Not a sit around at home mom at all. Her and Adam do lots every weekend so if hes not easy going he is going to be. Or she will just leave him behind and go off with her girlfriends like she has in the past. Patty and I can drive up island not really knowing where we are going and just make a day of it but if we do that we have to leave Ben behind cause when he's done he makes it miserable for everyone else. Maybe that's just a teenager thing I don't know cause its my first time going through this. I keep telling him that on his 18th birthday Patty and I are moving into a 1 bedroom place and he's outta here but he says since we let Al back we are stuck with him! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooooo LOL.

Was just chatting with Al online. He's back in Canada tomorrow. He wants to move to Finland now. He also says that yes he is like his mom and needs a plan or itinerary. Help me please LOL











2 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kevin ....great pictures!!!!!thanks for the updates.Did not realize you surgery was changed until i texted patty on Monday ,thats a drag when they do that .I guess it will be another long two weeks of waiting...and waiting,hopefully it goes as planned on the 20th lets get this over so you can start saying ...hey watch my stitches !!! lol love you ttyl xxx

 
At Tuesday, April 07, 2009 1:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love annette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home