Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Car update and more

Well the car trouble is still ongoing. I know there is a short somewhere that drains the battery so I disconect it when not in use and that has worked fine. On the way to work monday I had to hit the brakes hard and everything electrical shut down for a few seconds. I turned off everything not needed. When I got to work I turned the car of and when I tried it didn't start again. After work I got someone to boost me and made it 2 blocks before dying again. I walked back to work to get someone to boost me again. He stuck with me a couple blocks and had to boost me a couple more times. I ended up calling Patty and she drove to Nanaimo with her Aunt. We boosted the car again and this time I made it to Ladysmith (Pam Andersons home town) where it died 2 more times. Next time it died I was in my driveway. There has to be a bad connection with the altinator for the car to lose power like it does. If the Alt was good and the battery wasn't the car would still be able to drive not useing radio and lights. I'm going to take off the wireing harness as I had to replace the old one that burned up in Ontario. I have checked the connections and they seem good as I can't pull them apart but I'll look anyways. I've tried following the wires looking for a short but its not easy. To top that off I now have a cold and feel like crap. Woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat. I'm trying not to pass it on to Patty because how can she take care of me and pamper me when we are both sick. I'd make her do it but I might feel a little bad LOL.

Its a girl
Last night when I got home from work Patty woke up and surprised me telling me we now have a daughter. She is 8 years old, cute as a button and her name is Haley. She will be taking over the spare room upstairs. I'm hoping she doesn't stink like the 2 boys we have dwelling in our basement.

Readers digest version of the story....

Patty is Haley's aunt and she lives in the same complex that we do. Her dad is aunty's son and he lives in Edmonton. Haley's mom has been going through a rough time lately and all her other kids were taken by their dads before Christmas. I think there were four and one of them went to Edmonton to live with Haly's dad. I'm not sure of all the details yesterday but apparently suicide was mentioned, the cops were called, Haley's mom got tazzered and taken away for a few days so social services talked to Patty about her staying here. Shes a good kid but she eats too much and likes to watch the same dumb cartoons that Ben watches in the morning only Ben goes to school an hour earlier and since I get up 10 minutes before driving him I don't see much of the cartoons.....untill now ! I won't see much of her since she'll be at school or sleeping when I get home from work so I'll make the best of our time by trying to teach her stuff like fetch items for me and to stay out of my chair and to never EVER take the last diet coke in the fridge.


5 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:41:00 PM, Blogger m gower said...

OMG she is SO cute. I know you will make a good "dad"

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:44:00 AM, Blogger Ive got nothing said...

She looks fetching, feed her so she'll be strong and fast fetching.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! those rules sound kinda familiar!?! haha... shes cute, and i am so sure you and patty will be able to give her the environment and the love she needs!! Congrats on your new little girl! haha!
Love Tara.

 
At Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww shes a cutie! you are good with little girls, she will love you....have you taught her greetings yet? :-)
Love Kris

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

taught her greetings- i want to know what thats about lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home