Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm an ipod geek

Well not exactly....not yet anyways LOL. Heres the story...

Most of you know if I go out to take pictures on my camera I figure if your going to take one picture you might as well take 3 or 4 hundred pictures. Now this weekend comming up the V.I. Raiders have a game in Victoria. Victoria is a great place to go whale watching. So if I went down early and went out whale watching and took a picture or two I might not have much room to take one or two football pictures. I decided I needed more memory for my camera. I have a 2 gig card now. So I went out looking for some memory. Well I don't like swapping cards in the camera because I did that (well Barb did) on my old camera. Somehow the pins inside got bent and 245 bucks later it was like new again. So I figured I needed to get a 4 gig card. The price of a half decent one is is around 275 bucks. I had been thinking for a while now that I'd like an mp3 player so I popped into The Source to check them out. I had my camera around my neck. The sales person asked if I knew that the ipod could store pictures with an adaptor. I said I hadn't heard that. Apparently the ipod is a traveling hard drive for a computer. So I looked online and Future shop had the 30gig ipod on sale for 299. The adaptor is 49 so not a huge difference but I get two things in one. So this morning I go out and Future shop doesn't have black ones. So I go to A&B sound. They have a black one and will match Future shops price. But I decide to check out London Drugs because I love their camera and acc's section. The woman tells me they have a couple left in stock. Then she tells me they have a special on right now. The 60 gig ipod normally over 400 bucks is on sale for 299. She goes on to tell me how many songs and such it would hold ... blah blah blah. I told her if she had a camera adaptor it was sold. So now as I write this my 60 gig ipod is plugged into my computer charging the battery. I kinda had a look at the papers that came with it but its supposed to be so darn easy. So later tonight I'll have to start uploading my music.


3 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Muskokaman said...

Thats sweet uncle kev! i have an ipod nana, so its smaller, and I love it (for music!) so when are you gunna email me back???
Love Tara...

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, I always thought you had that title "ipod" is now optional with camera and computer. :o)

Mike

 
At Wednesday, September 20, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

And to think I have been,up till I went to N.Y.C using an 8mb card and thought moving up to a 512mb was a step up. Got a ways to go before I move up into the gigabites tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home