Friday, August 25, 2006

Thinking of you dad !!

Well it was kind of an emotional day for me today. I woke up thinking about how dad's ashes were being burried and I wouldn't be there. Then at about 10:50 am (1:50pm Ontario time) someone asked me about dad. It was someone from Atlas who works in the office and hadn't heard. I had been keeping an eye on the time because I wanted to have a moments silence for dad. I finaly got to around 11:15am. I thought about dad alot on my trip out here. It's wierd when you devote a couple months to be with someone and help them however you can. After their gone a part of you is gone because you get used to a routine. You get used to looking after them as part of your every day routine. Get up check on dad, drink a can of coke check on dad, everything centererd around dad and there wasn't any other way I would have wanted it. I think back over the last year at things that have happened and they happened for one reason. If Barb and I hadn't broke up I wouldn't have been able to go to Ontario for as long as I did. If I still had Nikko I wouldn't have been able to be there like I was. I do regret a bit that, I left Ontario to go back out west but I honestly thought dad was doing better without his chemo and I had stuff I had to take care of out there. If I did it over I would have flown and only been gone 2 weeks. I noticed a huge difference in dad when I got back. But before I left I got to spend some quality time with dad and that I will allways cherish. The time I spent with dad the last 2 months was just as special. There was a bond between us and dad had to have alot of trust in me. Although it was a hard time for both of us (all of us really) I tried to let dad know how much we loved and appreciated his love.

So dad if your up there in heaven and someone is reading this to you because I know you didn't care for the internet and our blogs I just want you to know that I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I'm glad I could be there for you when you needed me the most. I hope you have met up with mom and all your friends that are up there too. Take care and I'll see you again one day.

Love
Whats his name !!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 26, 2006 6:24:00 AM, Blogger m gower said...

that was the nicest letter i have read. it was a very nice service yesterday, thanks to some strings being pulled we were able to have someone come out to the cemetery and play the bag pipes within three hours notice. it was a crappy day here but the rain held off.

take care out there kev, we all miss you.
Love mandy

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, As the years pass you will look back very fondly on the time you shared with your Dad. Good for you.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home