Sunday, August 06, 2006

I Love My Dad

Em's BD 052c


I know that most of you know that on Aug 2nd my father passed away at home. I had wanted to make a post because I have internet friends that as far as I know they still read this. The time hasn't been easy for me and I've tried to stay strong for my family. Well at the funeral home Saturday the day of the funeral it was all too much for me. I had a bit of a meltdown. I was able to make it over to a chair and sit down but I was having trouble breathing. my whole body was numb and I felt paralized. My family was there helping me getting me water and a cold cloth for my head and when I oppened my eyes I saw Alf in front of me. I knew I was going to be ok then.

The ambulance showed up and took me out and Karl was there with me. I tried to let everyone know I was going to be ok and it did ease off a bit in the ambulance. Then I looked outside and saw everyone standing around watching and waiting so I told the ambulance to take me somewhere. I wanted the funeral to go on. Karl came with me and was with me for quite awhile then I heard they were holding the funeral so I told him to go and let them get it done.

They did a bunch of tests, took some xrays and then redid some tests later. For now I'm on Adavan which I was hoping was going to make me high and forget everything but its a downer and it slows everything down. Mandy sat with me for quite awhile and even got me some diet coke. As much as I wanted it I could only drink a small amount. Then all my nephews and neices appeard and the Drs thought they better release me. I ended up going home and relaxing on the couch till about 5pm today.

Just so everyone knows the truth I did NOT go 3 days without eating. I did not eat breakfast but I hadn't been eating that for weeks. The day before the funeral I actualy pigged out pretty well. 3 or 4 slices of pizza and 2 plates of potatoes, carrots, roastbeef and gravy.

On a funny note when I got dressed that morning I thought my pants were a bit more snug than they should be. At the hospital I needed to take a pee and when I undid my pants I was thinking ,,, I didn't wear grey underwear today. I had put my pants on over my sweat shorts which I put on after my shower. So with the blue gown I was still good in my shorts.

Thanks to everyone who has called and asked about me, I'm feeling much better now. It could be the drugs talking tho LOL Heading back to the couch and going to think about how I can thank the Ti Cats for the flowers they sent.

Take care all, see you soon after 3 days in Muskoka lounging on the beach and going to see the wolves.

Em's BD 049c

9 Comments:

At Sunday, August 06, 2006 6:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear ur doing ok Kev!

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev post the pic of all the TiCat Jerseys

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 8:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kev post the ti cat pic and send one to the spectator

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get rest big bro - it was all the pressure u all where and been under for so long - finally in whatever form the stress be released and in your case it happened there and then - - wishing u all the best and there is not one day i dont think about u all - sonja hugssssssssssssssssss

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 4:39:00 AM, Blogger Sam said...

glad to hear you are ok kev. enjoy your time in gravenhurst a little time to enjoy where you once resided

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Ive got nothing said...

That's a good photo of everyone wearing their TiCat jerseys and a great memorial for your Dad. Really glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy your time in Muskoka.

Mike

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are ok Kev. Enjoy yourself and relax a bit.

love theresa

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Cherie & Dan said...

I am so glad you are doing ok Kevin we were all worried. Enjoy yourself in Gravenhurst and Relax!!
Cherie & Dan
P.S We REALLY Hope to see you at the Wedding!

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of all of us in our
TiCat shirts. I agree the TiCats should be thanked but I'm not sure how. Trudy's idea is a good one. Glad to hear you are doing better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home