Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hello from B.C.

Hello everyone. Just updating you on my status. Last night at about 9pm I was 200kms from Vancouver. I had just reached a rest stop where I knew I could park for the night so I did. I had been on the road since 6am and I knew it would be too late to stop and see my friend Jodi and also too late to catch a ferry to the island. So I parked my car and had a few naps. I don't sleep well in the car but I have 2 hour naps where I wake up with a cramp and need to stretch out and switch posistions.

Last night a couple hours before I stopped for the night I was making a huge climb in the car and it was was grunting along. I was keeping an eye on the heat gage because it was running very hot. I looked down at the speedometer and it said I was doing 60km but there was no way I was going that fast. All of a sudden the motor stopped. I got it over to the shoulder and put it in park. I tried to start it again but no go. I got out oppened the hood and looked everything over. The oil was good, the water level in the over flow was good nothing was obvious. I sat with my head in my hands wondering what I was going to do. I had my cell phone out and had a signal. My wallet was on the dash with my BCAA card in it. It had been over a half an hour so I decided to give it another try and it started. I had a listen for a couple minutes and then shut it off. I decided to go for a short walk and and 15 minutes later I decided to give it another try. The car started and off I went. I stayed close to the shoulder in case I needed it and after I made the long climb I did it. I told my car I loved it. I even told it I would buy it an upper tie rod when I got to the island. The car ran great today.

Well I'm staying at Jodi's tonight and will go to the island tomorrow. Will update when I can

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry anyone who tried to leave a comment. I wanted to take off the part where it emails me every comment. Didn't realize it till Mandy emailed me.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:08:00 PM, Blogger Dennis said...

Hey,glad to see you made safe and sound.Funny the things you say when faced with a crisis,now don't forget you promised an upper tie rod,lmao.Keep in touch,always to hear about my second favorite place on this planet.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:08:00 PM, Blogger m gower said...

glad to hear you are SO close to home. Enjoy your sleep tonight.
Love yah
Mandy

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear the trip wasn't toooo bad. We'll miss you on Saturday.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:35:00 PM, Blogger botsoe said...

Be thinking about you Friday Kev.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that explains why i havent been able to post a comment- i was going to be the first one - i tried 3 times and it would let me post.

Anyways what i wanted to say was...
(in a whiny kid voice lol) Are you there yet? Are you there yet? Just like i think all kids do when ur on a long journey in the car " Are we there yeettttttttt??! "lol

bye4now :P

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kev glad to see you are safe and sound. loved the pics you left for jodi. she was going through them again last night.
let us know (as i am sure you will) how it all goes on the island.
good luck

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:48:00 AM, Blogger Sam said...

your poor car has been through so much the last year or so. glad to hear she has been so good to you and got you home safely once again. always waiting for a new post

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Ive got nothing said...

Kevin, Maybe you should reward your car with a wash and vacuum.

Mike

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006 3:45:00 AM, Blogger Sam said...

hey kev glad you're home safe and sound

love ya
theresa

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006 4:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have put that car through alot!! Glad to hear you made it to BC (not 'home'!) safe and sound! Well, I guess I would be okay with calling it your 2nd home!... Well hope to hear more soon!
Love You!
-Tara.
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home