Monday, August 17, 2009

this and that....

It was a pretty uneventful weekend. I worked at Wal-Mart Sunday and Patty had to work as well for one of her clients. I did get home for a bit to see Hamilton tie up Saskatchewan only to end up losing the game in the 4th quarter. They only had 1 good quarter and you can't expect to win a game without playing the whole thing.

Saturday I was working in my room a bit and getting ready for the Hamilton game because I thought it was on Saturday. I went to Wal-Mart and got stuff for supper and Patty was going to cook it while I watched the game. Patty couldn't find the game on at 4 so when I checked it out I just thought they weren't showing the Hamilton game. I went online and had a look and then realized the game was on Sunday. Patty and I sat outside watching the BBQ together. I made home made burgers and even put onions in most of it because everyone else here likes onions. Then we did some corn on the cob and Albert and Nina went and got us DQ Blizzards for desert. They watched the UFC 100 on tv and I was working on my computer and organizing my VIRaiders stuff and then Patty and I were off to bed. Ben, Albert and Nina stayed up to watch a scary movie that wasn't as scary as they had heard. They said the real stuff behind the story as it was based on a true story was a lot scarier.

Well time is moving fast and next Saturday Patty and I will be picking up Annette at the Victoria airport for a week long visit. Its just a coincidence that it falls on the same day as a wedding in the family.The week starting the 15th and the week starting the 22nd were the 2 cheapest weeks to fly out in August and there is a guy on my shift that's on holidays this week and I wouldn't have gotten any time off so the week of the 22nd was the best choice. I took the whole week off and Patty only works 2 days not including babysitting Gwen but that will be a good time for us to visit Gwen. Someone had told Annette that if there is a wedding that you didn't get invited too that you thought you might have been invited too add up all the money it would have cost you to go to the wedding (gift, traveling, room for the night) and go out and spend it on yourself. So Annette decided to take the money and fly out here for a visit. I think its a good choice since I wasn't going anywhere.

I Love Tara and I think John is a very nice young man. I wish them nothing but the best in a long healthy marriage! I hope the weather is as beautiful as I know Tara will be in her wedding dress. I will be thinking of you on your special day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home