Friday, February 15, 2008

Hard to come up with a title

I come on here once in a while thinking about doing a post but don't really have any one thing to talk about. So I try to come up with a title that will sum up what I'm going to type about but a lot of times I just don't end up doing a post. This is one of those times.

Nothing really new here. We are a family of sick people. Other than trips to the grocery store and to work we haven't done anything. I never ended up going to poker Tuesday night as I started coughing and couldn't stop so decided I wouldn't share it with a room of strangers. Feeling a wee bit better so hopefully this tuesday I will go.
Patty's son Adam calls everyday to talk to his mom about his thoughts on the baby that will be comming in a few months. He is nervous but excited. Patty is pretty excited about it and wants to get healthy so she can go baby clothes shopping. Woo hoo more shopping lol.

Now Patty has three sons and they are all pretty good kids. When I first showed up on the scene Adam was a bit of a different kid and it was hard to try and get to know him. He bassically lived in the basement with his computer and came up when called for dinner but would eat and dissapear. Once in a while we would bump into each other in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep because of graveyards and he would be up to grab a snack and hit the washroom. He was always nice and would say hello and ask how my day was. The only time I felt any negative feelings was when he informed us he was moveing back to Kelowna and his grandmas place. It was more the way he did it and not that he was doing it. I felt he had hurt his mother but I thought it would do him good because he had no friends here because they were all back on the mainland. The morning he left he woke me up to say goodbye and we had a nice chat. I'm glad he did.

Eventually Adam and a friend or two had decided to move back to the island. Patty asked me if it would be ok for Adam to stay here a couple weeks till they could find a place to stay and get some jobs. Of course I had no problem with it because I love my wife and that is one of her sons. He really wasn't a bad kid and it all worked out better than you could have imagined. Ben kept teasing me that both his brothers would be back sooner or later.

I have to tell you that the Adam that returned was a lot different than the one that left here in January. He seemed to socialize with us a lot more and eventually got a job here and gave us some money for board to help us out. I used to go pick him up at a friends after I had gotten off work and we had some good conversations. It was nice having him around and I really didn't mind helping him out or doing favours for him. In a few months you could see that he had started to grow up and come out of his shell. Eventually he moved to Langford near Victoria with his friends and we looked forward to going for a visit. The odd time he would give us the bums rush because he had plans and didn't want the old folks hanging around getting in the way. Then Adam changed again and for the better when he started dateing Mary who shared the condo with him and another friend. She is a beautifull young woman and you can see it in their eyes how happy they make each other. We went to visit a few times and they came here a couple weeks ago to enjoy a home cooked meal by chef Kevin. Sphegetti and home made meatballs and garlic bread. We enjoyed it while watching a movie on our new big screen tv and topped it off with pie and icecream. Patty and I discussed after they left how happy they seemed together. In fact the only reason I've gotten a photo of Adam is because Mary had talked him into it. He always hid when the camera came out. Patty had always said she wouldn't be surprised if they got married or that the pitter patter of a grandchilds feet appeard. And so it has!!! Or will soon. I know from watching Adam and Mary that they will be wonderfull parents. Patty and I are less than an hour away and we will both help them out how ever we can. They are talking about getting married this summer in Tofino and that should be fun. Patty told them not to feel pressured but they both said that its what they want to do.

Congratulations to Mary and Adam on your recent engagement and the announcement of a little one that will be along this year. They believe it will be October which just happens to be the same month as both of their birthdays.

There was news today that the main hwy through the mountains is open again as of today. It was closed because of an avalanch and the possibility of more. Hopefully in a few more weeks the weather on the mainland will be good enough that Patty and I can go visit her father. I'm sure she would like that and I'd really like to meet him.

I had no idea all this was going to come out here. Sit in front of the computer with a bottle of pepsi and just open up the mind. Who knows what else lurks in my mind waiting to come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home