Friday, January 04, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR/ANNIVERSARY

Happy new year everyone and Happy first anniversary to my beautifull wife! I also want to congratulate Sam and his beautifull wife Aleah. Hope you both are as happy as Patty and I.

Patty and I are not really party people and would have loved to have stayed at home with a couple movies and lots of Junk food but gave in to aunties request that we go out with them new years eve. We went to a small bar in Chemainus called The Saltair. They had karaoke going that night and all the normal crowd was going to be there. There is a couple that we met recently that are from the Toronto area that were there and I have to say that Joe is one of the best Karaoke singers I have ever heard. There are a few really good singers like my wife and a few that think they are better than they are but you can't put down people that have the guts to get up and sing in front of a crowd.

Joe had a cd made before he came out here and we had just received a copy a week ago. It plays pretty well none stop in our car since we got it. He does a version of Unchained Melody that would just blow you away. He asked us what song we would like for our anniversary and we both blurted out that song. He said he would do another song before that to warm up but then he would sing Unchained Melody dedicated to us. As usual when he finished singing he received a standing ovation. He told me that when he had the cd made the producer (who has won more than a couple Grammys) told Joe if he was younger (mid 60's) that he would have backed Joe on the cd but that at his age it would be tough to get an audience to listen. The songs on the cd are requests from his family but he is working on another that are songs he wants to have on the cd. He said that we would be getting a copy as soon as its done. He's talked to a couple producers that are local and just needs to pick a studio. I wish I could play his song on my blog.

Well they had cake for us and my wife even got up and sang one song after I begged her to. She is always asked to do another but is happy with singing just the one. We did have a great time and want to thank everyone that was there. We were one of the first couples to leave after midnight but Patty had to work the next day. Well here are a few pictures from that night.












2 Comments:

At Friday, January 04, 2008 3:21:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you.
Congrats on your "one year"

 
At Friday, January 04, 2008 3:22:00 PM, Blogger m gower said...

OMG somehow that came out as JR's comment......it was really from me....oopsy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home