Saturday, July 01, 2006

Wild Kingdom

Brought to you by Mutual of Omaha. Our story comes from the deep dark jungle off the beaten path of the Bruce Trail. Our explorers who started off on a bicycle ride down the Bruce Trail find themselves walking in the thick forest where the very dangerous local wildlife makes their home. Mike notices up ahead that a beast and its young has walked out into the open and upon seeing the two explorers the beast and its young decide to make a run for it. Useing his tracking skills Kevin leaves his bike behind and ventures up a path leading up a steep hill. At the top of the hill Kevin surprises 4 of the beasts and signals back to Mike his findings. Kevin decides to make a wide circle around the beasts to get a better view and to take a couple pictures. Mike makes his way up to where he can see the beasts and after making a few attemts to get a picture he decides to leave Kevin who has found himslf surounded, to go back and watch the bikes. Kevin makes a stand and scares the beasts back into the forest and then makes his way back to the safety of the path where Mike gaurds the bikes.

It wasn't exactly like that but pretty close. The beast happens to be local deer. When I went up the hill I did scare the deer a bit but they didn't run to far. Mike came up and I was talking to him when one of the deer came close to me and showed some signs of aggretion. I thought it was funny at first but then while I was taking pictures I got a phone call from Annette. The one deer came alot closer and was showing signs of aggretion again and I told Annette I might have to make a run for it. Thats when I noticed Mike was no longer behind me. Mike owns an expensive bike and heard voices so went back to watch the bikes. The one young buck kept moving closer and closer to me then he would put his head down, wag his tail but not in a friendly way and then start bobbing its head all the time starring at me. Finaly I thought he had come close enough so I reached down and picked up a big hunk of branch that was laying on the ground. Thats when the buck realized who he was dealing with and took his buddies and dissapeard into the forest. Here are some pictures from the event.













4 Comments:

At Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow those are great pics Kev! Im not lucky enough, i never see wild life like that. Keep those awesome pics comin!

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, you were definitely "Jim" on this adventure. ...I'll stay back and watch the bikes will Jim tracks the beasts further into the bush.

But still you are way to trust worth believing your bike is okay standing in the middle of the pathway. Those theiving bastards are everywhere.

It was a lot of fun and really exciting when I first caught sight of that big dog.

Mike

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:00:00 AM, Blogger Muskokaman said...

Hahahahahahahahaha. You two are sooooooo funny. Kevin what is it with you attracting wildlife? The only animal mike attracts is the inner city crackhead hooker. He'll make you watch the bikes then. Sounds like a great day. My ass hurts just thinking about it.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep trying to get Kevin to ride along the beachstrip to see a different type of wildlife but I'm not sure how many pictures he'll be able to snap.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home