Wednesday, June 28, 2006

nothing new

Well there is really nothing new to blog about. Mickey probably won't read her birthday greeting but thats ok because I've put stuff up for dad that I know he will never read but I do it because I care and I'm thinking about them. About the only thing I acomplished all day besides hideing out in the basement was installing a safety gate at the top of our stairs. A couple months ago we moved dad's chair and tv upstairs. Every once in awhile he gets confused and wants to go downstairs to watch tv. He isn't strong enough to get up and down the stairs on his own so its best he doesn't try it. We had a gate leaning up in the doorway but it was too easy to move and could fall over easily. So I went out and bout one type and after getting home noticed it had been oppened and tried before us. It has paint on the rubber mounts that push against the wall. Besides it was cheap plastic and kept falling down every 5 or 6 times you used it. Yesterday I went to Wal Mart and picked up this steel gate that is meant for stairways. It took about half an hour to install not counting the time I was on the phone trying to figure out the instructions and parts. It has a light with a sensor that is supposed to come on when you get near the gate. I'll have to grab batteries to try it even tho I don't think we need that part. It feels solid, it works good, it's easy to use and Jean likes it. I have something planned for friday I'll take pictures of and post....not sure whats going on this weekend but if anything comes up I'll be sure to post it. Maybe Mike and I can ride the Bruce trail ??

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 28, 2006 7:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I have no money for golf this weekend, a ride along the Bruce Trail sounds good to me. I've saved a lot of money owning a bike.

Mike

 
At Friday, June 30, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good job kev

 

Post a Comment

<< Home