Monday, May 22, 2006

Hello all update

Before I left Ontario I made a post about stopping to see Dave DeVier. For those of you that read this and don't know Dave here is a little bit about him. I met Dave and his family a long time ago when I was just a kid on Brittannia Ave. It wasn't too long before Dave became my best friend. We hung out together, we went to cubs together we slept over at each others house, we did walkathon's, and we went on trips with each others family. I used to call his mother "mom". His sister Donna became like a sister of mine and she used to call my parents mom and pops. Dave and I got along great and I can only remember us having one fight. I'm sure we had other dumb arguments but hey we were kids. We were playing hockey and Dave was in net and I had a cast on my arm but was playing anyways. I can't remember what it was about but it was probably really stupid but no one got hurt except for my cast needing a repair job we went back to being friends. When we moved to Melvin Towers we still seen each other but not as much. It got worse when we moved up north but he did come stay with us a couple times. After a few years we both were in high school and we lost contact. Then I came back to Hamilton and decided to finish my education there. Dave was a QB for the Sir Winston Churchill football team and I was going to Glendale where Gord Culp was playing at the time. Right before a game where Glendale was going to play Churchill Dave was injured while playing in a game and was taken to hospital. I was told he had probably broken his neck. I went to visit him in the hospital and it was a severe injury but thank goodness his neck was not broken. We stayed in contact for a bit and even played some touch football together after that. I moved away again and Dave met Jennifer and they were married and now have 2 sons. I did see him once in awhile and was at his wedding but then we lost contact again. I had also seen Bunny once in awhile when she drove for Go Go's Pizza. I was saddened before Christmas when I found out that Bunny (mom) had passed away. In the last couple months I have met Dave and his family a couple times and on my way west I stopped to see Dave in Oakville where he is captain of a firehall. That is the reason for this post as I took some pictures and wanted to post them. I just want to say that I'm glad that we got the chance to get together and talk a few times and that I'm proud of you what you have accomplished in life so far and I'm glad to say we are still good friends after all these years.













2 Comments:

At Monday, May 22, 2006 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev,

You should have got Dave to snap a shot of you sliding down the pole. Sorry I re-read that and it sounded dirty... but you know what I mean.

Mike

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 6:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are dirty Uncle Michael.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home