Thursday, October 11, 2007

I've been published!!!

OK I haven't been published but one of my photos have. Recently I have joined a web site that Maisan belongs to and they sell your photos. Maisan has done a great job and has sold some of his photos. I never took to photography like Maisan did till recently. I always took photos for myself. Stating with the football team I started taking photos that I wanted to blow up and put on the wall. I've started getting more critical of my photos. The site you upload your photos to are also very critical. They have refused more than a few photos that I thought were good. A couple I touched up in photo shop and they then accepted but others I'm stuck and not sure how to fix. I've had a lot of views unless its just Maisan checking out the competition LOL but so far no purchases. Depending on what its used for you don't make a lot of money but it only costs you time to put them up.

This past weekend was a semi final game in the BCFC and the Raiders were taking on the Surrey Rams. I was there shooting about 600 photos as usual. Because of the rain and low light it was a tough day to shoot. I did manage a few good shots and enjoyed a 53 - 0 thrashing of the Rams. The Rams are the only team that has beat us twice in the three years of Raiders existence.

On Monday I got an email from the sports editor of a local weekly newspaper asking if I had any shots I would like to submit and that they might buy one for their paper. I sent about 5 shots that I liked and they have purchased one for $50 bucks. The money is nice but I have to say I really enjoy seeing my name under the photo in print. They posted the column on their web site so here it is. I'm going to get a few copies to put away. http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/ is the site but it might not take you right in. Click on sports then look for the heading "Raiders roar into B.C. final"

Actualy if you type "Raiders roar into B.C. final" in google it pops up with my name too.....now thats cool!!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Kevin. Nice picture

 
At Monday, October 15, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great good for you Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home