Thursday, August 16, 2007

Trip to meet the In-Laws part three of four

Well I'm probably boring everyone reading this but I'll keep plugging along...

After the tennis match we went back to Natalie and Peter's where I had a quick shower then got ready to drive to Kamloops. We said our goodbyes and headed out of town. Kamloops is about an hour away. It was a beautiful evening and the scenery was very nice too. First impression of Kamloops was its a very nice looking city. If it wasn't for the cold winters and being so far away from the ocean I could see myself living there. When we arrived at the parents place they were out for a walk so we parked the car and joined them. This was my first time meeting Pat and I must say he is as nice as I had heard if not more so. I enjoyed talking with him and he took me downstairs to show me his computer and a book he is working on. He must have a few hundred thousand books on his shelves down there too. Pat is a very intelligent person but doesn't come off too stuffy. I told Patty I wish we could have spent more time with them. Patty's mom is Acadian like Jean but still has a pretty strong french accent. She also likes to feed you all the time. Before bed there is tea time with all the snacks and in the morning there was a bacon and egg breakfast. They have a beautiful home and the view from the deck is amazing especially at night when the city is all lit up.



Now Patty's mom is an amazing artist and all around their house is some of her work. She even has some in a shop and has sold at least one. We have a few of them around our house and Aunty has a couple at her place. Patty's mom is always looking for ideas so I'm going to send her pictures from time to time to help her out. She mentioned something about a horse so I'm going to go looking for some horses to try and get a good photo for her. I took a few pictures of some of her work to share with everyone.









Saturday morning after breakfast we went outside to take a few pictures. Then we packed the car and said our goodbyes and headed off to the Kamloops Wildlife Park but I'll save that for my next post.