Sunday, December 10, 2006

Work xmas party

Last night Patty and I went to the Atlas Truss Christmas party. It was held at the Cottonwood golf course out near the Nanaimo airport. Patty and I both lucked out and won a door prize. I had told her if she won early to look for an envelope because Hadi the owner has donated Canuck tickets in the pass. Well I was the second person and found no such envelope. I did get 8 nice wine glasses which will be handy when the wedding comes. Patty was last to win and got a radio alarm clock. We both had a good time and the meal was fantastic !!!! But then again I do love turkey potatoes and gravy mmmmmm

I talked to Patty's mom on the phone the other day. She seems like a real nice person but then again everyone I have met from her family is very nice. Her big question to me was can I make mashed potatoes ? Apparently thats a big thing in that family. I told her yes I could but I didn't have the gravy down yet. She seemed ok with my answer. We also talked a bit about her being Acadian because I told her Jean was. She was born on the east coast as well.

Patty and I have both agreed that we don't want anything big with the wedding. We are just going to have it at her aunts house with just Patty's sons and aunts. I'm also going to ask Paul and Dimples if they would like to come over and Lelaine of course !!!. As for decorations we told the aunt just to leave the Christmas ones up. She wasn't going to decorate but her son said if hes driving all the way out here she better have a damn tree and some decorations. Well hes going to be sorry because shes gone out and bought a ton of the tackiest decorations you have ever seen. The place is looking pretty good but by the time shes done it should be funny. So Patty and I said we will keep with the tacky idea for the wedding. We are just going to have fun that day no big dress up thing. Here is our most recent picture together.

Don't let someone drunk take pictures with your camera if you want a clear shot.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, December 10, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww nice picture! we have got most of our decorations up, and we are going to get our tree today!

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger botsoe said...

Sounds great Kevin just remember to have fun..

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 2:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Patty taste your famous cheese cake yet? And don't forget to make her your meatball sub they are to die for!! Great pic Kev, hope you Patty, and everyone out there have the best Christmas EVER!

Bill G

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good lookin couple. Hope you guys danced yer legs off.

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like things are coming together. and luck seems to be with you two also.
i have to agree with the cheesecake comment. she won't even remember the potatoes once the cheesecake is in her tummy.
also the idea of it being the two of you together and who cares about the rest i agree with. we never even saw the flower girls dresses till the day of our wedding....those things just don't matter...being together...that's important.!

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 9:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, You're better off getting drunk using the wine glasses than watching the Canuck's lose another one.

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home