Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The snow is gone !!!

Well the snow is gone and our normal winter weather has returned. Plus 6 range and partly sunny days. Except where the snow was piled up in Nanaimo there is hardly a trace.

Patty and I are trying to arrange our wedding for the 31st of December. We had made it the 17th because a couple people were interested in comming out for it and that was a date we had decided would not interfere with Christmas. But since no one is going to be here we have gone back to the date we had talked about at first. I have been pretty much living in Duncan with Patty and her family. Things just keep getting better and better. Patty truly appreciates the way I treat her and pays it back 10 fold. I can honestly say I'm happier than I have ever been.

Still working on the job search in Duncan. Had a line on a job driving truck to Calgary but went in for an interview and they wanted more experience because of the mountain driving. They said to check back in the new year to see if anything is available in the factory. My foreman is going to put in a call to a buddy of his that works for Pacific Energy. They build woodstoves and ship all over the world. Funny thing Patty has a cousin that works for them and I went looking for the place after my interview yesterday and couldn't find it. Its about 45 minutes to work from where I'm living which isn't terrible but the night shifts suck. 4 ppl have quit in past 2 weeks going to other jobs. They don't know how to treat employees to make the good ones stay. The foreman likes me cause he knows any position other than building I can do. I can build the small stuff but can't jump up and down on the tables to build the bigger trusses. I was on one saw last night and a different one the night before and drove fork lift the first night. Also if the foreman goes up to the other shop he asks me to watch the other sawyers and help when I can. I know the saws better than him.

On a last note I got an email today with a photo of what our football rings are going to look like. Now the one shown is the Head coaches so of course its going to br thousands of dollars but ours will look simular but alot cheaper...maybe even plastic LOL. Normal ones will probably be sterling silver and a couple cubic Z'sss. Here is the photo I received today.

VancouverIsleRaiders-R110

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 4:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

December 31st...now that's a date I'll remember for sure. It's my birthday. I hope all your plans are going smoothly.

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 5:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello every one,,, It is Patty here... just wanted to say hi to every one...Like Kevin I have never been happier...everything is going great...plans are coming together..Gonna phone the justic of the peace soon..set up the date...My aunts are gonna decorate the townhouse,,,I will have all of my boys here..which is soo exciting...they will all give me away...heheheeheh...it will be a very sweet and short ceremony...hahah,,..I am one lucky girl..to have found such a wonderful man as Kevin...I love him more and more each day...and look forward to making him happy and spoiling him..And I look forward to meeting my new family...well that is all I have to say for now...chow to everyone...LOVE Patty

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Sam said...

glad to hear the two of you are so happy. congratulations and i wish you all the best.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how many more sleeps does that make? Great pick on the wedding day you know it will always be celebrated and Kevin will never forget your anniversary. Congratulations you two.

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww arnt you guys cute!gag gag...!
haha, just kidding! well i am so glad you are so happy uncle kev! and you too Patty!
Love Tara. xo

 
At Thursday, December 07, 2006 3:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kev and Patty! Boy things have sure changed since the Alcan days. I still miss our monthly outings to the free Buffet when you and I were on the Atins Diet. So glad that you found someone to love and be loved back. Hope to meet her someday Kev.
Wish the two of you the best and happy honeymooning I mean Happy Christmas.
Bill G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home