Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today was a good day !!!

I've been watching the weather channel and today looked like it was going to be a good day. So I got up this morning, checked the weather channel again and off to Victoria I went. I didn't walk around as much as I usually do because I've had an upset stomach. I'm doing better than Paul because he has been real sick the last 3 days. It might be kidney stones. He went for blood tests today and then he has to go for more tests soon.Hes in alot of pain and I feel sorry for him.

Back to today...
I drove down to Victoria this morning and went to the inner harbour. I went to see the Seaking who I had used to go whale watching when I first got out here. They were saying that the killer whales were around but its early in the season so they were not as active and were spread out. So I caught the 1 pm tour and off we went. We chose a direction and sped out across the ocean in our Zodiac. This is a different boat than I had been in before and it was way more fun. The young skipper looked for any big wakes to fly over. There were only 8 of us and the boat holds 12 so we had lots of room. Well the following is some of the better shots I got. Because the whales were spread out it was hard to tell where they were going to surface. Also unlike the first time I went they were not breaching at all. But I didn't get any shots of that the first time I went out because my camera back then was too slow. Other passengers on the boat today had camera envy when they heard how fast my camera was.

You know when I get back to Ontario I'm going to Marineland and paying the extra just to touch the whales !!!!
















Yes this last picture was taken from the boat

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are awesome pics kev

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pics Kev. I love them. All the pics show just how beautiful B.C. is. No Wonder you will go back. So beautiful and so much to do.

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

..and the best pot in the country.

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 11:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stole the pics from u bro - as u know they are my favorite animals besides the cats ;)

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the camera envy tourist were not oriental. Do want to touch a dolphin?

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its called something Cove in Marineland and you can touch the whales for like 20 bucks over what it costs to get in the place. Barb and I had gone there but it was so late in the day we would have missed most of the shows so didn't bother going in.

 
At Friday, June 02, 2006 3:08:00 AM, Blogger m gower said...

hey, it's called friendship cove, from what i can remember there was no additional fee, you just stood in line. Me and the kids had a good time last year, but there is too much walking.
See you soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home