Wednesday, April 12, 2006

another chemo treatment

Yesterday morning dad was supposed to go for an xray on his throat. While he was getting dressed he remembered something and called Jean. dad had eaten breakfast and was not supposed to eat anything before going. Jean called and they rescheduled his appointment.

Today dad and Annette went for dad's chemo treatment. It was a long day as usual. It's a lot of go here and wait, see the Dr for 5 minutes then go there and wait. The Dr is impressed with the results from the tests and has decided to keep the same schedule they have going. She said the cancer in the spine has spread a bit but it's been so long since they last checked it that it's rather a slow spreading. So for now chemo every 3 weeks and no new pills. Other than getting over his cold Jean said dad had a very good weekend. Monday he seemed to be doing very well as well.

Last week before I went up north I told dad and Jean that I will be heading west in early May. I have 3 things that all need attention early June. My car insurance runs out, my blood pressure pills will run out and I should see the Dr to get checked out, and my unemployment runs out. I need to check back into work to make sure I still have a job. I had told them when I came out here last November I'd be gone for about 3 or 4 months. May will be 7 months. Also the football team has been bugging me hoping I'll be back again this year. I do not know how long I'll be out there but I know I'll be back here again for a few months. I just don't want to burn any bridges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home