Thursday, December 08, 2005

Update on Dad (Papa)

Well I'm not sure how many people want me to make a post like this once in awhile but I'll go by negative comments.

Dad went to see one of his many Dr's yesturday. Apparently the prostate Cancer has spread some more. They have up'd his morpheen (sp) to a 12 hour pill and he can take one of the others if he starts feeling pain before the 12 hours are up. He started wed night and felt no pain thursday morning. Also starting today he will have a nurse pop by once a week to check on him. This is just a routine thing and the nurse said that after a bit they will probably back it off to once a month or so. She just wanted to check all dad's meds and see what was working and what wasn't. Also asked him alot of questions and said they can work on problems that may arise faster with all the information the Dr will have with these visits. Dad has lost about 10 pounds over the last month and judging by my pants being so tight I think I found it for him. The nurse sudgested a supliment drink that has lots of calories in it to help boost his intake. Dad does not eat much most days. Also starting in early January dad will be going for regular chemo treatments I believe every 3 weeks at first. Dad went today for his needle in the belly and then Jean and I traded places and I went with dad when he got his radiation treatment via intravenus (sp) It was at the cancer clinic near the Henderson General. Gave dad and me a chance to just shoot the breeze. Was nice spending that time with him. Dad and Jean both said that this new stuff does not mean anything has changed from the initial prognosis. Both their Dr's thought there should have been a nurse comming right from the start. In case they had any questions or concerns she can help.

Well sometime tomorrow I'm heading up north. I'm going to work in the morning I think ??? Then when I get home I'll probably have to do some shoveling for dad. Kris will be home around 4 or 4:30 and the way I see it if we leave right away we will hit bad weather and bad traffic so it might be better to wait a bit. Will play it by ear.

Goodnight

5 Comments:

At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:32:00 PM, Blogger m gower said...

Thanks for the update on papa. It's great that you are there for him ..........It means alot to EVERYONE.


Have a safe trip upnorth
Luv yah Mandy

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:46:00 PM, Blogger botsoe said...

Keep the updates coming Kev...

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 4:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks kev on the update. it's hard reading about everything but that's because we care so much. it seems i have heard so much of this type of info the past couple years...but this one is the hardest to deal with.
thanks for being there
trud and karl

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for keeping us informed, uncle Kev...
momma is right, it is hard to read it... but i'd definately rather know what is going on than be in the dark and wondering how he's progressing...
can't wait to see u tanite!!!
give grandma n papa a big hug n kiss for me!
ciaop
love always

 
At Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kev, great blog!
Thanks for the update on your Dad, I hope he is comfortable and without discomfort today. Tell him that our thoughts are constantly with him. Wish the best for yourself and whole family for the holidays and all time foolowing.
Paul, Dimple, Lalaine & Aunt Gladys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home