Saturday, December 17, 2005

Merry F*#$@%G Christmas !!!!







Not sure if you can tell by the title but I've been pounding the pavement doing my Christmas shopping the last 2 days. I had been out browsing for ideas a few times but this was actual shopping. I took Terry to Burlington yesturday to a couple malls and then met up with her again today after I had taken Kim and Glenn's son Justin to the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. To be honest the Hall of Fame is pretty lame but I had a nice talk with the managing director. Next year they are doing a big display on the Canadian Junior football League so we were talking about the Raiders. I had to go check her computer because she didn't think she had our logo but it was under Island team. I found out alot of info and passed it on to the team via an email just before I started this update. I think the best thing at the Hall of Fame for Justin was a virtual field goal kicking display. You punch on the computer how long of a field goal you want to try and the goal posts appear on the screen. You kick the ball and they tell you whether you made it or not. I believe Justin made a 25 yarder. I didn't even make the 15 yarder.







Sorry Justin I didn't take any pictures of the screen after you made a field goal but we both know you did very well.

Back to the Christmas shopping last night was not bad because for some strange reason the mall wasn't that packed. Today it was crazy. I never even made it to Limeridge and looking at the traffic jams in the parking lot you would never find a spot to park. People are so freaking rude out there. And thats just Terry LOL Stopping in the middle of a busy isle to discuss Christmas dinner plans and such. No brake lights no warning just stop and lean on the cart. I always said excuse me when I passed in front of someone standing with there back to one shelf while looking across 8 feet to the shelf in front of them. By the end of the day I started purposely stepping in front of rude people trying to cut through without an excuse me. Or Id say excuse me when they rudely walked in front of me. Honestly I wanted to swear at some of those people. There were some polite people out there that would thank you for holding a door but would look at you strange sometimes because they were not used to it. Or the odd person that would say excuse me before bulling their way past you. Terry wasn't one of them LOL. I can't pick on Terry too much because she did help me out with my shopping. I hope everyone had better luck than me. It's hard doing this because Dad and Jean are out at Joan's and I have the game on in the background and for you leaf Fan's it's not looking too good. Ottawa hasn't played well the last few games but they sure came out ready for the Leafs. well take care and I'll try to do another post soon.

My plan for Christmas as of now is to leave here around 9pm and go to Muskoka after spending the evening with dad and jean. Then around noon Christmas day I'll be heading back for Christmas dinner at Terry's place unless she reads the blog and withdraws my invite LOL Thats the way I want to do it so don't try and talk me out of it.

By the way dad was doing pretty good today. He looked good and said he wasn't feeling much pain. I think the new stronger pills are really helping.

Happy shopping all !!!!!!!

8 Comments:

At Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:52:00 AM, Blogger Muskokaman said...

Ok Now I can comment on the rest of it. You just got awakened to how life is in the big city. You are used to the Muskoka way of life where we know how to use our manners up here.Quit trying to be like THEM.

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey uncle Kev! I went shopping yesterday too, and it was the about the same, not as busy as I was expecting, just slightly busyer than normal. The lines weren't too long either! I had John with me, and he wasnt too impressed, he doesnt like shopping much, so to him it was really busy and took too long!! amature shopper! well anyways I am REALLY excited that you will be here for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait! see you soon...
Love you!
ciao,
-Tara. -xo-

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin do you remember one year I went into a Tower's department store and bought a gift for everyone on my list in that one store?? I was done in a little over an hour. Now that's how you xmas shop.

Mike

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike I think I also remember no one liked their gifts hahaaha I'm trying to show I care by searching hundreds of stores to find the right gift for each person.

Kevin

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You really do care, but I think you miss the point that christmas is about giving... it doesn't matter if they like the gifts or not, it's the thought that counts.

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just talking to Jean about not keeping receipts so I have to care or they have a hard time taking gifts back

Kevin

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2005 5:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike it's christmas not xmas...and kevin you're doing great. people aren't as nice as they used to be. i think most are forgetting the meaning of christmas. if you just bought for those in need...and not family...who'd complain? and no one would know how much you spent..or where you shopped..even if it's only one store.
i am glad you are coming up though. that makes christmas for us
trud

 
At Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trud, Shouldn't that be Christmas with a capital "C"?? You pagan... and shouldn't that be Trud"y"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home