Monday, April 09, 2007

Hockey Playoffs !!! and more

I was checking out the schedule for the playoffs and couldn't seem to find the Leafs anywhere ?? The Mighty Canucks statt Wed vs Dallas. Should be a good series. All the talk about the Canucks is that they can beat anyteam on any given day but that they can also be beat by any team on any given day. Lets hope Luongo has a great series !!

Well I hope everyone had a good weekend. Patty and I actually went to 2 movies this weekend. On friday we went to see Wild Hogs which was pretty funny. Then saturday we were sitting watching tv when a commercial for Blades of Glory came on and someone said lets go see it now. We had less than 15 minutes but we all jumped up and got our butts in gear and were at the Duncan theatre before the previews started. It was just as dumb but also just as funny as I thought it would be. I've slowly started becomming a Will Ferrell fan for dumb comedy movies. I never watched very many SNL shows when he was on there. The odd night if I was at the Muskoka Gowers we would watch it or they used to tape it and wed watch the highlights.

On the weekend Patty and I went to Paul's place to visit and got to see Kevin and his wife and son's. It was the first time that I've been in a room with 3 Kevin C. Gower's. The youngest is not Kevin Charles but has a C. for his middle initial. Paul's wife took a picture and is going to email it to me so I can post it.

Young Kevin was in a fight contest 2 weekends ago in Nanaimo. People register to get in a ring and pound the crap out of each other. Kevin entererd a day or so before it was on mostly on a dare I think. He didn't win but hadn't prepared like most of the others. His brother Cory is into Ultimate or mixxed martial arts fighting. He has a match in Duncan in a couple weeks. I might be going to see it. I'm looking on You Tube because I was told Kevin's fight is on there. If I find it I'll post a link.

I believe they are under So you think your tough and posted by Nanaimo Buddha I just can't find his fight yet