Saturday, October 29, 2005

Long Post

The title of the post was Leafs Really Suck !!! But after I finished it I never said anything about how the Leafs Sucked !! losing 8-0 to Ottawa !!!

I'm watching the canucks game and decided to check out the seating for the hockey tickets I got. They are pretty good seats !! Worth $138.57 each !!! They are Section 104 Row 22 Seat 5 and 6. The exhibition game I think I was in section 312 very close to the roof. I can't wait !!!

gmplace_hockey

I also just checked out the score of the Football game between South Fraser Rams and the Edmonton team. The winner goes to Ontaro to play their champ. I was going to go to the game but being a 7pm start there would be no ferry home. It would be an expensive trip. It's 17 - 3 for edmonton at the moment. (damn electric heat I just got a nose bleed and had to run to get T paper)

Had a good night last night. Played xbox with the guys from work till 1am ate pizza and drank pop....they drank beer. Got up early and went to help Paul move Aunt Gladys into his place. Plus got to say goodbye. It's going to be a bit more emotional leaving here than I thought. Going to miss this place and some of these people.

Ok update on the bitch P.R. from the Raiders. We had the banquet the other night for football and overall it was a great night. After 2 emails to the bitch I was told ...thursday, 6pm, Beben Park. So I get dressed up and go to the banquet and was greeted by most of the players very well. I get along with all of them. So its getting to dinner time and because I came in the back door I didn't realize there was a seating plan so had to go check in at the front door. Only problem is I'm not on the seating plan. I was pissed to begin with for not getting a proper invite. I see the B and ask her and she says "really? I thought I had you on there". She said if need be they will try and make room at her table which is front and center. I went up front and found my own damn seat with people I really like. The trainers and physio therapists. So the dinner was fantastic !!! I had so much there was no room for desert !!! The night is going along great and they are giving out awards to the players. The coach takes time to say some thanks before the owner gets up for his thing. The coach thanks alot of people for their help including everyone at the table I'm at except for me. He goes on and on and says I know I'm forgetting some people but I don't have time to talk about everyone. Then a player (Jaiden Smith) says hey coach what about Kevin ? Coach says who ?? Then a few players shout out Kevin. So the coach says oh yeah where is he...I'm probably second person closest to him. I don't remember what he said but he said something about me doing a great job on the site but not enough pictures of coaches. Oh and he thanked me for the pictures I gave him of his son which I knew he loved and I gave them to him to show him I'm not an asshole like he is. Then the owner gets up and gives a speach and calls some people up and gave them plaques to thank them. When this one guy goes up to get his award I duck out to take a pee. Next thing I know a player comes in while I'm washing my hands and he says Kevin get out there Hadi is calling on you. I missed everything he said about me but I had to go up on the stage and he gave me this...

Fan 002b

I really never expected anything because I know the B ordered all the trophies. Then the players started yelling speech speech and the owner pushed me up to the mic. I hate talking in front of groups. I said a quick thank you to Hadi, the coaches, the players and their family for making me feel like part of the team and the close knit family that they all are. Then I rushed off the stage. Felt real good.

Then today I got this email....

Hi Kevin,

Thank-you so much for these and thank-you also for all of your amazing photos of the team. It was such an amazing first year for all of us and I want to thank-you for capturing the spirit, determination, and heart of this team in pictures so that we may all reflect back on this very special time for years to come! Your photos are beautiful, you are truly an artist!

Best wishes to both you and your family, your “Nanaimo family” looks forward to welcoming you home when you come back!

Megan


Last thing before I leave I just checked out the score of the football game and late in the 3rd it's 34 - 3 for Edmonton and the Canucks are winning 3 - 2

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE AWARD!! Good work Uncle Kev! Thats so awsome!!! You deserve it for all the work you do!! Congrats!!
Love you,
Ciao!
-Tara.

 
At Monday, October 31, 2005 4:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool plaque way to persevere you deserved to be there
trud

 
At Monday, October 31, 2005 9:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey uncle Kevin!
so i guess i am a lil late reading this since everyone else has already posted, but it deserved at least one more congrats neway! thatz so great that they did that for you! too bad some ppl hafta make so much trouble for u along the way, but wut matters is that u got to be there n some ppl really did understand allt he effort and thought u put into everything that you did for them... and that the players too were so appreciative... n krissy is right about your
muskoka family... we r all just going crazy over here waiting for your return... they might miss u but they r gonna have u back soon n we only get u for a short while, so i don't feel bad at all... hehehe...
love you!
ciaop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home