Monday, January 02, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

       Id like to start off my first post of 2017 by wishing every one a very Happy New Year. I hope that 2016 was a good year and that 2017 will be even better. I hope every one stays healthy or gets healthy this year. Take care of yourself and the ones nearest and dearest to you. Blessed Be!
     2017 was a good year for me. Patty and I celebrated our 10th anniversary yesterday. I finally broke down and bought her a princess cut diamond ring. She has never been a jewelry type of person because if she was I would have gotten her a ring a long time ago. Whenever we go some place I usually buy her a necklace of some sort that she likes and sees. They are not expensive but they have something that she likes so I get it for her. She wears it once then it goes away somewhere and she usually ends up wearing something that Gwen made for her. Patty got me a real nice Silver chain. I'm not a jewelry person either. I wear dads ring and my wolf paw print pendant that I wear when the rope/hemp necklace hasn't worn out and broke. I like my new necklace its heavy and thick. I should have known cause she asked if I would like a new chain for my pendant and I said I will probably just make a new one.

     We have 4 amazing Grand children and got news of our 5th grandchild coming in March if not before. Another Grandson that will be named Kasperi. Its a Finnish name and to say it properly you have to roll the R. I will have to just call him Kasper cause i can only make that sound with the phlegm in the back of my throat lol. The kids all seem to be doing good. By the kids I mean the parents of our grand children. We all got together for a Christmas dinner on December 18th which was real nice. I was going to say it had been a while but we all went to Duncan for Bella's birthday party not too long ago.

       So going over some of the things I did last year .... Of course I went whale watching a few times. Good ol Captain Ron! Hoping he gets his fishing boat in the water this year. A lot of hoops to jump through to  put a boat together to take groups out sea fishing. He is going for a top rated safe vessel so every step of the way someone has to inspect the boat and give the ok before he can move on. They come from Vancouver so it takes weeks not days to get them over here. The boat was in the water for some testing and just a couple more things have to be done before its up and running and and taking passengers out. Patty and I went to a few concerts and fell in love with the music of a new artist [to us] Matt Andersen. I would go see him any time. We saw Aerosmith which was an awesome show and another favorite of ours Blue Rodeo. I've seen them many many times. We have gone for walks and picnics on many beaches from Nanaimo to Port Renfrew. Went to Kamloops a couple times to visit family. Went to glass beach in Sydney. Spending time with the grandchildren is an awesome pleasure. Jack and I went for lunch with Albert and his dad a couple weeks ago but the only way Jack would go is if I promised him that we would go look at motorcycles. He actually stayed awake this time. Last 2 times we went to a motorcycle shop he fell a sleep on the way. I had to look at them by myself. There were so many things that I have forgotten but that comes with getting older lol. I have one more thing I did but I will do my next post just on it. I'm going to try and post a couple videos via youtube of some concert footage I got this year.




3 Comments:

At Monday, January 02, 2017 5:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Britain

 
At Monday, January 02, 2017 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Rhondi St.Onge Peacock said...

Happy Anniversary! Always a pleasure to read.

 
At Monday, January 02, 2017 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Rhondi St.Onge Peacock said...

Happy Anniversary! Always a pleasure to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home