Saturday, December 24, 2016

A Christmas post

     Well this is the post I started on Facebook then realized it was going to be way too long!

     We just finished our second Christmas celebration and hopefully we will have a third. The first was Sunday night at Mary and Adam's. Everyone was there Albert, Nina [Kasperi], Ben, Bre, Bella, Brylea, Jack, Gwen, Patty and moi! The lady folk did an excellent job preparing supper and the men folk did an excellent job staying out of the way for the most part. The kids were .... well kids. After dinner we went into the living room and watched the kiddies open their gifts. It looked like they all enjoyed the gifts they received. Afterwards the adults got to play the Christmas gift swap game. Names are drawn from a hat and that person goes into the kitchen and picks out a gift then comes into the living room to open it and show it off. They then get to pull out the next name. That person has a choice of going into the kitchen and getting a gift to open or they can steal one of the already opened gifts. If they steal a gift the person they stole from can go get a new gift or steal from someone else. I was the last person pulled and went and got the last gift. After opening it Bre asked if i wanted to trade and so I did. She got some pedicure stuff and I got some nice chocolates. Everyone had a great time so thanks for making it a great night we love you all!

Sorry no pictures

          Monday night we held our annual Christmas party at the building. There was a better turn out than I expected. There was hot chocolate and goodies and Christmas decorations. Then Santa showed up to take pictures with the kids and the pets in the building. It was a great night and was enjoyed by all. At least I never heard any complaints. My fudge and Patty's shortbread cookies were a hit! People came down and hung out in the lobby, some played darts some hung outside with Santa. It was a nice evening and the rain almost held off but started in the last half our. I didn't care as it was cooler outside than the lobby. Santa even got to hold some kind of reptile other than a snake this year. It doesn't like men and pulled Santa's beard off trying to get out of the way. I thought at one moment it was going to bite Santa but it just licked his face. Tasting him for sure!One young girl from the building took a long time to warm up to Santa. She talked to him in the lobby but did not want to get her picture taken with him. She did pick up his bells a couple times and handed them to him before running away. Then she stood beside him talking while pictures were being taken and finally with the coaxing of chocolate she stood right next to him for some pictures. Her name is Winter and shes an awesome young girl! It was great getting to hold a couple of the babies that we have in the building. Then there was a young boy Raphael who is new in the building and he really wasn't sure about Santa either. We tried and tried but didn't have much luck. And of course some of the adults had to get in on the fun as well.

I'm posting 2 versions of the slide show an avi file and an apple file.




     The third one is going to be a nice quiet Christmas with just Patty and myself eating junk food watching Christmas movies or murder shows, both of which we both like. I've gone a little crazy decorating this year. Last night I went to Home depot for some saw blades and they had all Christmas stuff 50 to 80 percent off. I kind of went crazy lol. I even bought a couple things and dropped them off at the kids places. Mary caught me at her place but Al and Nina were out when I put them up at their place. It needed a little touch of Christmas. Patty and I are going to see "Why Him" on Christmas day. Looks like a funny movie.


      This is an update!

     Patty came home from work sicker than a dog and went right to bed. Looks like a quiet evening for me and Dante. We walked up the street to a store and got ginger ale for Patty. Hope she's feeling better tomorrow!.

     Also I checked out the slide show I posted and photos are hard to see so I'm adding some of the photos that were in the slide show. It's supposed to be a 1080p video but sure doesn't look it.





























 
  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home