Monday, November 09, 2015

Sept 28

I really enjoy night time photography. Things look so different at night. Driving the bus at night i see different areas of the city and once in a while Ill go out after work and visit some of these areas and try to duplicate what i see. While learning the routes our trainer made sure we did one night shift so he could show us the difference. The number 11 route through the uplands was the one i was most concerned with. The first time I had to drive it I went out in my truck that morning to drive it and take notes. Funny thing is the mail box that you saw clearly that morning was almost invisible that night. I didn't make a wrong turn but I had to stop twice and really look and had a passenger say yeah this is where you turn. I had mentioned that I was new to this route and if I looked lost to please feel free to tell me where to go lol. I drive that route regularly now and although its easier I still really think about it. There are a lot of split rds, a lot of trees , a lot of deer and a lot of darkness.

     Speaking of  the deer, last week I had to stop my bus, honk the horn then finally open the door and stand up before this buck would move. Its rut season and I held my hands up top of my head and showed this young buck i had more points than him. When he finally moved he did not run away he walked slowly past the open door giving me a stare down. I asked if he wanted a piece of me but got no reaction. Since driving bus Ive seen so many deer. I`ve seen tiny babies feeding from their moms, I`ve seen males doing the rut thing and I even interrupted two deer doing the nasty beside the rd on the way into UVIC. He didn't seem to mind but she ran off. I bet you he would have had a piece of me if I had oppened the door.

       OK now I`m way off topic. There are no deer photos below. Only night shots that I took one night after work. There are some shots down town of the parliament building, the harbor and the Empress. Then there is a shot of Craigduroch Castle but only one with the moon behind it. Then there
are a few photos of the gate for the Uplands. Some of the nicest houses in Victoria are in here. Big houses with gates and long driveways. 






















1 Comments:

At Saturday, February 20, 2016 4:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool shots Uncle Kev! And I love the castle!! -Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home