Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sand Castles

First I want to start off with a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMASITA !!! Love your favourite son in-law!!! (no not Peter)

I think I've made it to Parksville to see the sand castles every year I've been on the island. Last year Patty and I took Aunt Gladys with us so I thought it would be nice to take her again this year. Only problem this year was the competition was just starting the day we went. So the gates are closed till 2pm and most of them probably won't be done so we checked them out for a bit from outside the fence then went for a walk before heading to Coombs.

Now Coombs is an interesting place and not just because they have goats living on their roof. They have one main market then lots of different shops out behind the main market. The place is always packed and today was no exception. We wandered around looking at all the neat stuff for about an hour before we headed back to Parksville for lunch. Aunt Gladys told us that if we didn't let her pay this year she would wait in the car while we ate. So I finally gave in because Patty told me it was too hot to leave her in the car. I told Patty I would get her some ice water but that wasn't good enough so we promised Aunt Gladys she could pay. Aunt Gladys is going to be 90 years old but you couldn't tell by looking at her. She needed a hand on some stairs and I kept a close eye on her when we were on uneven ground cause I didn't want her to fall. She said to Patty I thought she was an old woman but I told her that Paul would beat me up if she fell and got injured. She said Paul knows she's a klutz so wouldn't blame me but I kept an eye out just in case.

Paul and Dimples are spending the weekend in Nanaimo at a swimming tourney with Lelaine. Lelaine is quite the swimmer and has a ton of medals to show for it. She is second in BC in one event and third in another she is also on standby for 2 other events in case someone can't make it. Maybe we need that Jeff galooly or whatever his name is that helped out Tanya Harding with his walking stick(nudge nudge wink wink). There is a huge event going on somewhere on the mainland next weekend so they will be off again. Well its going on 1pm and I've only made it from the bed to the computer so I should get up and do something. I even got breakfast in bed this morning!!!!! Life is good LOL. Here are a few shots as usual.
















2 Comments:

At Monday, August 11, 2008 4:28:00 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Nice pictures Kev...

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 7:16:00 AM, Blogger Ms Ivy said...

Hi Kevin and Patty,

Love the sand castles. Amazing talent to do some of those. I have watch the sand castle building competitions on TV.

Hope all is well your way and summer is being good to you out there since this summer we have more rain then BC has ever received in a summer.......lol ohhhhhh mannnn i got sogggggggyyyyy fingers again.

Cheers, Ivy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home