Monday, February 13, 2006

Update on Dad/Papa

Update below
Second update below

Just thought I'd give a quick update before I head to bed. The past couple days dad has not been eating. When he does it either runs right out the other end or makes him sick. Jean called his Dr and left a msg hoping to get him in today (monday) I didn't realize untill dad decided he was heading to bed at 8:30 that he was having pain in his back. When Jean and I headed up to bed around 9:45ish dad got Jean to get a heating pad. I fell fast a sleep and was having a strange dream when I heard Jean call me (was around 11pm). Dads back was still sore and when he tried to take an extra morpheen pill he was sick. They decided to go to the hospital and seek help with the pain. So I got up and drove them. probably around 3am dad was feeling better but they were going to give him a bit more meds to try and get most of the pain out of there. Jean stretched out on a couch and dad was able to fall asleep himself. I sat at dads bedside and after about an hour decided to go to Tims for doughnuts and capacino to keep me awake. I also got some for a couple nurses. When I got back I saw the Dr and he said dad seemed fine now and was sleeping so they were going to let him sleep and get another Dr to check on him in the morning so if I wanted I could go home. I started to tell the Dr about dads problem eating and he asked if anyone was doing anything about it. I told him as far as I knew nothing other than a dietition telling him he needed to eat more. Since they were keeping him anyways he said that he would run some more tests and probably do exrays to see if there was some blockage in dads throat. I thanked him and told him I would tell Jean when she got up. Her and I talked to the Dr and then went to see dad and he said we should probably go home and get some rest. So we are at home and Jean is in bed. I'm heading there now. Dad is warm and comfy and in no pain and hopefully they will find whats causing him to not eat and fix it. Will post later as I find out more.

Goodnight/goodmorning/goodafternoon.

Just to update you the hospital called this morning and have decided to keep him in for a bit. Jean and I are going over after lunch and will find out if there is anything new and I will post it when we get back

Went to see dad for a couple hours. He's feeling much better but apparently there are not enough holidays in the year so hospital workers get today off as an extra long weekend so no xrays are to be done today. The nurse gave dad a shot of something good and his eyes started to get heavy so Jean and I decided to leave and let him rest. Jean and Joan are going back tonight and I will go over tomorrow morning to sit with him a while. He's in real good spirits and was joking around a bit so no worries. Will keep you updated when I can.

3 Comments:

At Monday, February 13, 2006 3:28:00 AM, Blogger m gower said...

thanks for the update...hope he is feeling better.

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 4:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless you both for being there for him. Hope you are all doing better today. Tell dad we are thinking of him.

Karl and Trudy

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for being there... and for all the updates uncle kev...
-Tara.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home