Sunday, August 21, 2005

Has been a pretty busy week.!!

Well I've had a pretty busy week. Lots of football stuff for the V.I. Raiders and charity stuff for Jake Cody. Then friday night I decided last minute to go to the B.C. Lions game. Had a pretty good time mostly people watching and cheerleader watching. Lots of cheerleader watching.

Saturday night I went to see Nickel Back in Victoria. Some local band oppened but I missed most of them taking my camera back to the car. Then Bif Naked came out and she was ok but ended up better cause I actualy had heard the last 3 songs she did. The seats couldn't have been better !!!! Any closer and we would have been burnt in the fire they had on the stage. It is the loudest concert I've been too especialy when they did the booms at the start of the show and the end of some songs. You could tell it was comming by the flare but I still jumped every time. After the first song I noticed the young kid with his parents next to me was crying. The father got up and left durring the second song. Not sure if the lead singer noticed but after the second song he said he noticed that some people had brought their kids and that they should check at the doors to see if they sold ear plugs cause after all this is a F'ing rock concert and we are going to blow the roof off this f'ing building by the end of the night. I would go see them again in a second. Sound was great, they partied on stage. They do this thing where they say it's beer o'clock. They bring a wagon out with plastic cups half filled with beer. After they all drink one or 2 they start tossing them out to the audience. A lady behind us was drunk and when she tried to catch one she totaly missed it and it hit her in the face. She started crying but as soon as the music started she stopped crying started dancing again. Another woman in front of us took one off the head. I yelled heads up but she wasn't quick enough. I told my buddy Cam that she had been smileing at me all night. The guy she was with was bald and he said that must be the reason. By the end of the night I tried not to look over cause I think the guy noticed and started starring at me. He wasn't smileing. Was a great concert all in all.

Oh one last thing. We went for dinner before the show and I tried squid. Didn't taste too bad cause it was battered and deep fried but I was almost sick when Cam's wife took the batter off to show Cam it was a leg with a tenticle on it. eeeeeewwww

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home