Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Something exciting has finaly happened to me !!!

After emailing my V.I. Raider fan page to the owner I've had a couple interesting email conversations with him. Today I was told that I was wanted upstairs in Hadi's office. (Hadi being the owner of Atlas Truss and the Raiders football team. It seems he has been telling and emailing about my website to some people. He called me upstairs to ask if I'd like to become part of the Raiders family and take on a volunteer spot with the team. He said that it wasn't a paying job but there were some perks with the job. (One that he never mentioned being sucking up to the owner gets you places in the job) I get to travel with the team expenses paid. Some free Raiders stuff. Was offered a ticket to a Seahawks game and Canucks. After finding out I was a Ti-Cat fan he offered me tickets to the game when they come to Vancouver. Only problem is thats Nickel Back Concert night. Also if the team wins the Championship I get a ring. There are some other things that I'll learn later. My main job to start is to take over the website. I was a little worried cause I had checked it out and they use Java Script which I have no idea how it works. So after work Hadi and I jumped into his brand new BEAMER (BMW) and went over to the internet providers office. After talking to them I was told with the programs it's probably easier than useing my blog. Friday after work a guy will come over and set up the programs on my computer. Another perk is use of the top rate gym that they built for the team. Plus use of some of the digital equipment like digital camcorder, DVD burner and such. Hadi contacted the coach and he is looking forward to working with me. I'm actualy excited about this and Hadi told me he has been excited since I sent him the blog. His mind never stops. He told me if we get it set up so we can sell merchandise on the wep site I'll get a percentage. Plus I might be able to sell some of my photos on there ??? Oh my bussiness card will read HEAD OF MEDIA FOR THE RAIDERS or something like that. OK I gotta go shower its hot here. But I hope you can tell I'm pretty excited about this. Who knows if they win the B.C. conference and have to fly to Ontario to play Windsor or Burlington or even Hamilton that would be great cause I'd have to go!!!!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 03, 2005 4:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Kev!!
That is terrific!! Good for you! Hard work does pay off!
Hope to see you in Ontario for the championship

 
At Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Kev (I hope the new program has spel chek )

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2005 5:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats Great Kev Im so happy for you things are starting to go your way Its about time !!!!!! You deserve it. Luv your sis Alice.

 
At Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Kev! That's so amazing, I am really happy for you! This sounds like it is going to be a great experience and lots of fun! I wish you all the best, and let me know if you will be comming this way, I will make sure I am able to go see you! Lots of Love,
-Tara.
-xo-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home