Saturday, July 23, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY !!!!

Happy birthday Trudy !! Just wanted to take this time to get this out before I go to bed.

I'm going on about 2.5 hours sleep. Went to a fundraiser to support Jake the football player. Was a great turnout. I put a bid in on a Lui Pasaglia signed football helmet. I put 100 bucks cause it had sat at 50 bucks for quite a while. Went back a half hour later and the bid after me was for 350 bucks. I can't beat that especialy when its the owner of the place I work at. His pockets go way deeper than mine only his are not empty. After that we went to a bar called Grizzies. First and last time for that. Thought we were going to be in a big brawl. Before we got there (Me, Cam the foreman and his bro in-law) someone tried to start a fight with another employee. He was still upset but it seemed like it was over. While we are in line we heard some shouting and ran over just as the cops got there. The guy had come back to try and start another fight with the same guy from our work. Cops broke it up and let them go on their way. After we got in the bar I was standing with another guy from work when this guy walks over and starts yapping in his ear about the 2 fighters. I was standing next to him but was soon elbowed out of the way by another guy about 6'5" 200 and some odd pounds. ?Next thing I know there are about 6 guys from work getting closer to find out whats going on. Then some more of their buddies. In the end nothing came out of it cause the guy from work just said look, I just came with him it's between those 2. I'm not sure how many guys they had there but I think there was about 35 guys from work and football.

Anyways....got home at 2:30am and woke up at 5:30 to get ready and walk to the ferry to go to Vancouver. Had a nice visit with Jake and his family. Hes not doing as good as I had heard but hes comming around. Not alot of movement but he can move his arms. His sister was teasing him and he managed to smack her pretty good. His mom, dad, 2 sisters, brother in-law and cousin were all there. A very nice family. I had bought a stand that you can put a magazine or book on and showed it to his parents. But after seeing how little movement he had I just set it down in the room and didn't show it to him. His mom ended up getting it out and showing him and the sisters thought it was great. They said they could let him read and turn the pages for him. His mom reached in the bag and pulled out the Maxim I had got him as well. She made a joke sayying at least its not a playboy. The sisters said hes 20 and she couldn't do anything if it was. She said I'm still his mother. I told him next visit it will be a playboy. When I said goodbye the parents really thanked me for comming over. They said he perks up a bit when friends come to visit. I was kind of choked up leaving cause he's such a nice kid. Allways thanked me when I did a recut for him. I think I'll go back in 2 weeks to check up on him.

Sunday is the first regular season game. The owner said make sure I have my press pass cause Lui Pasaglia is doing a kickoff and there will be a few other ex CFL players there. Game starts at 4. I hope I sleep in tomorrow.

One last thing....I ran into Barb and the kids. They were heading down to see the fireworks. I was wondering if they would be there cause I had to pass the spot where we allways sat for fireworks, while walking home from the ferry. They were not there yet but on their way. We said a quick hello. Kids acted kind of shy. Barb said hello and then I said enjoy the fireworks. Wasn't too bad but I did want to ask about her mom but didn't.

Well that's it for now...goodnight!

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 25, 2005 7:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks kev
trud

 

Post a Comment

<< Home