Sunday, June 05, 2005

Borring

Well its around 7am Sunday morning. I've been awake for a little over 2 hours. I'm now showered and shaved and sitting at the computer. Oh and the Beatles are sounding quite fine this morning !!

Yesturday I went to the All About Pets Show at the local fairgrounds. Was smaller than I expected but was pretty good. While I was there I signed up as a volunteer for the BCSPCA. I had been thinking about it for a while cause I've had no purpose in my life. Other than work and house cleaning which I hate there was no reason for me to get up on my days off. But I'm awake early every morning. I'm still not ready for another dog. Nikko is still too fresh in my mind. Now with Barb gone I miss Nikko even more. It's funny cause I'm ok with other dogs but if I see a big shepard it hurts a little. This cat I have doesn't help much. Doesn't hurt either we just kind of co-exist lol. She loves me when her food bowl is empty but they rest of the time she is attacking me or plotting her next attack. If I get up in the middle of the night to use the little boys room I have to watch for her cause she comes running out of no where getting in front of my feet trying to trip me. Dumb cat !!

While at the Pet show I ran in to Barb's step mom. She didn't know about Barb and me cause she was surprised the kids were not with me. It was harder than I thought it would be telling her. She was very nice and said don't be a stranger. I think thats why it was tough. Both sets of Barb's parents were very nice to me Made it so easy to fit in. As usual it was her dog that I spotted and recognized first. She was there with the dog to do a test to see if the dog could do hospital visits. After seeing the test she decided against it cause they use a hair brush on the dog and her dog hates them. She has another dog that she already takes to old homes and hospitals. Both are border collies and 2 of the smartest dogs I've ever met. The older dog understands go left, go right, go back and come forward. Hide a ball and you can direct it to it.

Well I'm off to the Pet Show again soon to help at the BCSPCA booth. here are a couple pics of the border collies.

Monty

Monty the older dog

Birch

Birch the younger dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home