Sunday, October 18, 2020

       On Friday Oct 15th it was my Oldest Grand daughters birthday. I was working so could not attend a dinner which my wife went to. On Saturday the 16th I went for a trail ride with My Grand Daughter, her best friend and her parents. It had been quite a while since I had ridden and for the most part it was enjoyable. A little over half way the old age cramps started coming on and my knees and hips were getting pretty sore. When we got back to the stable the woman told me I could dismount now. Problem was I couldn't! I had to work my right foot out of the stirrup then lean forward and lay on the horn to slowly lift my right leg over the horse. I then slowly slid off the left side then had to pull my left leg out of the stirrup. I held onto the saddle as not to fall. Was so glad to be on the ground. My horse named Blue was an awesome animal and I truly enjoyed riding her. She was easy to control and other than pooping at least 3 times, peeing once and stopping to grab a bite to eat every chance she got, she was a good girl.

 

         Saturday night was spent on the couch where I fell fast to sleep after dinner. My wife tried to wake me up for bed but I wasn't moving. Around 12:30 I finally woke up and rolled off the couch onto the floor then worked my way to a standing position. I stopped in the kitchen on the way to bed for some pills for aches and pains. Sunday I was stiff when I woke up but once I got moving most of the pain was gone.   I remember thinking Saturday night never again but by tonight I'm thinking hmmmm maybe next year lol. Getting old sucks but then in a couple days I wont remember and will think how great it was and how much fun. Ok enough chatter here are some photos. If I can trim down some video I will post it too.






















Me and Blue!

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 19, 2020 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Bill Grixti said...

Well done Kev I don’t think I could even get on let alone ride

 

Post a Comment

<< Home